• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Glass Blown Open

I had an amazing time. I got to play in the craziest wind conditions I've ever had the displeasure of and got to play with another great card, including Rob Martin. The long ride home was rough after that 4+ gusting round. Took almost fifteen minutes from parking lot to kicking off my shoes. I survived though and I came out of it with a few new disc golf friendships and a great new craft beer to find. Thanks Lat64, DD, Bearded Bros, and everyone else who helped out. See you next April.

Are the putters approved yet? If not, then they weren't using them.

I think they're approved but not sure they've met the minimum quantity yet.

The putter thread in the equipment section has predictably derailed.

Last edited:
I had an amazing time. I got to play in the craziest wind conditions I've ever had the displeasure of and got to play with another great card, including Rob Martin. The long ride home was rough after that 4+ gusting round. Took almost fifteen minutes from parking lot to kicking off my shoes. I survived though and I came out of it with a few new disc golf friendships and a great new craft beer to find. Thanks Lat64, DD, Bearded Bros, and everyone else who helped out. See you next April.
Rob M.......Great guy, and he brews even better beer.!! WTG Matty P

Oh man...Shusterick just tweeted "@Schusterick: Back 2 back Glass Blown Open Champion! I wouldn't have been able to do it without the best discs on the planet! @ProdigyDisc". I'm I the only one who sees the hilarity in this? Lol, too funny.

Oh man...Shusterick just tweeted "@Schusterick: Back 2 back Glass Blown Open Champion! I wouldn't have been able to do it without the best discs on the planet! @ProdigyDisc". I'm I the only one who sees the hilarity in this? Lol, too funny.

I was there today, will was throwing an opaque lime d1 and a white m1 like the wind wasnt a factor. He wouldnt of even had to go to a playoff but on 18 it was a island green and after mcbeth stuck the island will went for it with a forehand with a d1 and it was long hit a tree and splashed. On his throw from the drop zone he threw a prodigy ? and banged the basket two inches too low or he would of have a cirle 3 from 200ft. On 17 will missed a 15 footer to lose one to mcbeth. All the prodigy pros were using wizards, nikko had a pure and a sinus as well. But mainly these guys threw different d1s or their mids all day. On the playoff paul went first and on his drive on a 555 downhill with water long and water short left he turned his driver over and it sailed then began to fade hard and went into the water short left. Will threw an m1 about 400ft nice n safe threw it again then sank a 20ftr tops to win it. But paul on his throw it almost hit it from deeeeepp. (from my angle and I was pretty close!)

Okay thats responses to multiple posts, sorry lol

Wysocki completly quit after hole 2. I was dissapointed with him, everyone talks about nikko's fits but the dude is passionate and I havent heard of him quitting in a round like ricky did today. After hole 2 he didnt care he ran up to the teepad as fast as he could and just chucked it. Took zero time to think just made rash dumb throws, every throw. One time dave drove and before he had turned around ricky ran and threw. I didnt think of him like that. Ricky went down on my list of favs after watching him today. He wouldnt answer when they asked scores just hand numbers, I climbed a tree for his disc and he gave no love. Besides that it was a blast. Big jerm threw a m4 I sweat 500+ just messing around after the round.

I was there today, will was throwing an opaque lime d1 and a white m1 like the wind wasnt a factor. He wouldnt of even had to go to a playoff but on 18 it was a island green and after mcbeth stuck the island will went for it with a forehand with a d1 and it was long hit a tree and splashed. On his throw from the drop zone he threw a prodigy ? and banged the basket two inches too low or he would of have a cirle 3 from 200ft. On 17 will missed a 15 footer to lose one to mcbeth. All the prodigy pros were using wizards, nikko had a pure and a sinus as well. But mainly these guys threw different d1s or their mids all day. On the playoff paul went first and on his drive on a 555 downhill with water long and water short left he turned his driver over and it sailed then began to fade hard and went into the water short left. Will threw an m1 about 400ft nice n safe threw it again then sank a 20ftr tops to win it. But paul on his throw it almost hit it from deeeeepp. (from my angle and I was pretty close!)

Okay thats responses to multiple posts, sorry lol

Wild.. my D1 flips in a headwind like none other... I want his D1!! The Mids are fantastic though. M1 and M3's handle wind really nicely. wish there was a stream of this though.

Had a TON more fun this year. Great cards all 3 days and didn't tee off before 10:15 once. The ran the MPO rounds early because of rain forecast, but it never came. Didn't get to see the pros play, but watched Big Jerm crush some discs in the distance competition.

Little beer plug - if you haven't tried Tallgrass Beer from Manhattan, KS, they make some great Halcyon Wheat, Pub Ale (mild brown), 8-bit (Pale ale with Galaxy hops), Buffalo Sweat (stout) and my favorite, Oasis, an Imperial ESB. Jeff Gill, the original brewer and owner, is a fantastic guy. I kept introducing him to people as the Jeremy Rusco of beer.

Sean - we'll play together some more sometime between now and July. I'll need to do some more practicing for words.

Dam an m4 500' I can barely throw anything 400' lol

The M4's can go a MILE. If it was a tailwind + downhill.. yeah i could see that disc easily going 500+. They have an incredible amount of glide on them.

The M4's can go a MILE. If it was a tailwind + downhill.. yeah i could see that disc easily going 500+. They have an incredible amount of glide on them.

Yea it was downhill, I should have said that. He throws the disc so high and hard it gets so much action its ridiculous. Nikko can 360 drive like a mofo, it was really cool to watch.

I had a lot of fun this weekend, and finally played well in a tournament.

Tied for 9th in Advanced with rounds 965, 986, and 995.

I didn't even play that well. Missed probably 25 putts inside the circle for the weekend (no exaggeration) and all of my OBs were silly. Could have easily shot 3-5 shots better at Country Club and Jones, and probably 10 shots better at Municipal.

Latest posts