• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

If everything was played as a par 3 McBeast would have only shot a -23.

but still would have won by the exact same amount of strokes...

not to troll you, but par is a pointless comparison in our sport.

Meanwhile in Golf people were holding their breaths to see if Dufner would do what's never been done before, a -10 at a Major.

No disrespect to the players at all, because they just play what's provided (and do it damn well), but we gotta make these courses longer and harder, i.e. real Par 4's and 5's before we go mainstream.

anyway...that's another tangent entirely. McBeth is currently the best disc golfer on tour, and he's practically unstoppable. Congrats to him and all the other winners.

Agree with TBird...

I enjoyed the overall coverage this week and really don't have any complaints with Dave and John doing commentary. They make me laugh. I got more than my $4 worth I'd say...

... but...

I cannot being to fathom how and why the feed ended before the tournament was over! I will be voicing my displeasure to DGPTV about this. I really wanna know what happened.

I would like to thank all the volunteers that showed up to help. Everybody had a great attitude and accepted all the jobs I gave them even if some of the jobs sucked. We had a great team that worked really hard to make things run smooth this week.

I wish we had better accommodations for you guys, you deserved it. I felt pretty bad that many of my volunteers had to buy their own food late in the week because they were tired of eating the same crap all week dispite our significant budget for volunteer food($1000/day for ~40 people). Our only variance from the bugers and hotdogs was when they tried to feed us day old leftovers from food that Vibram and Innova had generously bought for player events.

I'm sorry to the person that won the basket in the volunteer raffle only to have it taken away when the Svitkos reneged on a promise they had made. The basket had been promised long before the tourney started and was even awarded to the lucky(everyone thought at the time) volunteer at the awards ceremony only to be taken away before he could leave the park.

A slew of volunteers worked their butts off to run at great worlds and were disrespected and mistreated behind the scenes. What a shame, good luck finding volunteers in the future.

-2013 pro worlds volunteer coordinator

Oh, just googled it. Should Paul now be ranked #1 after winning 4 out of the last 5 majors? I don't know, Ricky is pretty good.

not only will Paul not be #1 in global rankings, but he will drop out of the top 10 in continental rankings with this win thanks to the PDGAs awesome formula

I'm sorry to the person that won the basket in the volunteer raffle only to have it taken away when the Svitkos reneged on a promise they had made. The basket had been promised long before the tourney started and was even awarded to the lucky(everyone thought at the time) volunteer at the awards ceremony only to be taken away before he could leave the park.

Was that one of the baskets that was for sale on ebay? Who benefits from the proceeds of the baskets?

not only will Paul not be #1 in global rankings, but he will drop out of the top 10 in continental rankings with this win thanks to the PDGAs awesome formula

Who cares about broken ranking systems, Paul is the best in the world, period.

The baskets used in the final 9 were put up for an ebay auction today. The auction has ended so no link is available.

The auction started and ended today? That's weird. They were supposed to auction 8 of them and raffle one to the volunteers(which they did) If something fell through with that they should have stepped up and made it right instead of screwing a volunteer.

The auction started and ended today? That's weird. They were supposed to auction 8 of them and raffle one to the volunteers(which they did) If something fell through with that they should have stepped up and made it right instead of screwing a volunteer.

What exactly is going on with the club that hosted worlds?

What exactly is going on with the club that hosted worlds?

Most of the club doesn't like the people running the pro shop at lemon lake. After spending a week up there I can see why. I took a week off of work to stay up there and help run worlds. I was talked down to/insulted much more than I was thanked.

Latest posts