• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

Hopefully people realize that the volunteers/coordinators and the big companies did their parts, while the failure seems to be on the local club or organization.

Brian Cummings, all the volunteers, the PDGA staff and everybody with Innova, Vibram, Legacy Nite Ize and Prodigy went above and beyond to make this a great worlds:clap:

Is there some way to actually watch coverage of the event?...other than DGPTV. Like Clash DVD type of quality? how about the 2012 one as well?

Is there some way to actually watch coverage of the event?...other than DGPTV. Like Clash DVD type of quality? how about the 2012 one as well?

you had to be there bro.

a lot of you dudes are too new to remember what a mess the good doctor deusler made of things as the pdga communications director for years before the brown people in the pool incident but for any of this dgptv stuff to be the talk of worlds is a laugh to the rest of us. ive come to believe he really means well. meanwhile everything the poor guy touches turns to turds. i dont mind his defenders much. the fact he got the contract in the first place is the real joke. fwiw i have no vested interest outside of golf fan. i dont even take videos of my kids.

does anyone want a lifetime membership to my company?

It's funny how you people sit on here all day and talk sh** about Cameron and Catrina when none of you have a single clue about anything that happened. Mind your own business and quit spreading rumors. You're only making things worse for everyone.

It's funny how you people sit on here all day and talk sh** about Cameron and Catrina when none of you have a single clue about anything that happened. Mind your own business and quit spreading rumors. You're only making things worse for everyone.

I'm going to take the other side of this. I bet if you asked Paul, Cam & Catrina if they wanted disc golf to be as huge (payouts, publicity, sponsors, etc..) as golf is they'd immediately say yes. If that were the case this story would be all over ESPN and other networks. They are pretty lucky there are small rumors floating around message boards instead of main stream media.

Plus, pretty sure that fire had died out in this thread, but props for tossing some gasonline on it

Last edited:
Next year is in portland, which means Murray the Brit will probably be running the volunteers, or at least heavily involved. he does a great job a beaver state fling, can't imagine it being any different for worlds.

Dude, Portland really knows how to do it right. It's an absolute treat everytime I get down there to play. :thmbup:

Thoughts on the Worlds...A newbs perspective

As a complete and utter newb to a major event like this I have a few comments on the Worlds as a spectator:

- The web site sucks. Sorry, gotta say it like it is and I will definitely get some hate for it. This is the PDGA premier event. There has to be information for the individual who has never been there. I had to come to DGCR for information that wasn't on the site. Just add a page to your site called, "Spectator Information" and answer the most common 20 or so questions you can think of that a newb would ask about the event.

- Along with the web site, there needs to be an information booth or something at the event. I had no idea what was going to happen next and I received no information upon entering the park. I ended up going over to the volunteer check in tent and asking some of the folks in red shirts some questions. They answered all my questions and were super nice.

- The folks running the "pro" shop. All I have to say is, suck it up. There are millions of people in the world that have tough retail jobs just like you. If they can do it so can you. Deal with it. They seemed ill-prepared for the lines and masses of people flooding their shop and had the attitude to boot.

- I am absolutely blown away that some of the cards on the final nine did not have a clear understanding of the final layout. I don't know how this can be fixed but as a spectator this was not impressive - at all. I mean how hard is it to have at least one spotter/caddy from each group take a drive around on a cart before the final nine starts.

Now for some positive.

- Those spotters and all the folks that managed the crowds on the final cards were respectful and very professional. That's a tough job and it was well executed. The folks in the "pro" shop could learn a thing or two from those volunteers.

- From what I saw there was exceptional sportsmanship on all cards. I think I saw one moment of frustration from Shusterick when he tried to sink a putt on blue #18 Saturday. In spite of that momentary outburst I would say everyone I saw of the final nines are fantastic ambassadors for the sport.

Suggestions - remember this is coming from a newb to PDGA majors...

- Family band radio announcements - or FM radio announcements. It's expensive, but imagine being about to tell the crowds who is teeing off on #1. Where the lead card is, standings. People that make use of the radios would just have to be required to use headphones out on the course. Sure there's twitter but some of us don't want to be staring at a phone the whole time. Maybe a PDGA online radio feed of the TV broadcast would be better.

- The final nine needs a better layout IMHO. I liked all of the holes except for #4 and #5. Those weren't exactly deuce or die holes but more like 3 or die holes...yawn. Then again, considering the crowds maybe there aren't any other holes in the vicinity that would have been better.

I just want this post to be helpful for anyone running next years event or any other major event where large crowds of onlookers are expected.

you had to be there bro.

a lot of you dudes are too new to remember what a mess the good doctor deusler made of things as the pdga communications director for years before the brown people in the pool incident but for any of this dgptv stuff to be the talk of worlds is a laugh to the rest of us. ive come to believe he really means well. meanwhile everything the poor guy touches turns to turds. i dont mind his defenders much. the fact he got the contract in the first place is the real joke. fwiw i have no vested interest outside of golf fan. i dont even take videos of my kids.

does anyone want a lifetime membership to my company?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Would anyone object to evaluations for the Marketing and Executive Director every 2-3 years?....

Peter Shive said in his thread that the ED gets reviewed by the board on a yearly basis. I can't imagine it is too critical however.

- I am absolutely blown away that some of the cards on the final nine did not have a clear understanding of the final layout.

- From what I saw there was exceptional sportsmanship on all cards.

- The final nine needs a better layout IMHO.

1. I think the MPO card was the only one that had issues. I was waiting for Will and Paul to warn Dave and Nikko on home 2 since both of them walked all the way down to the the landing zone before coming back to the pad. Nikko was first up and coulda been stroked on that one. I was really surprising that it was those two since they were both down there watching the ladies play 3 so there shouldn't of been a need for them to delay the round that way.

2. Agreed, I would say the sportsmanship was pretty damn good on all cards although it was pretty much strictly business for fpo

3. The only problem with the final 9 IMO was the finishing hole and I only say that from a challenge perspective. Great spectator hole but if the men were actually in a battle I didn't see that one doing anything to separate things although it did decide the fpo round...

Players usually don't know the final 9 layout because it's always safari holes, temp holes or holes that weren't played throughout the week by the division.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Would anyone object to evaluations for the Marketing and Executive Director every 2-3 years?....

I thought Duesler left as the Communications and Marketing Director to start Discgolfplanet. I do think it makes the sport look bad that he is heading the media side when he has such a bad image.