• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 St. Louis Open (A-Tier)

Thanks Dettmerb!

We would have liked it to run even better... but such are the trials and tribulations of that level of organization from an all volunteer staff.

I was personally impressed with the overall spirit of the players in the event as the bursts of insane thunderstorms, which popped up by complete surprise on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, really made it hard. At least nobody had to play more than one round in the rain and the cloudy skies kept the heat at bay.

As for results, they'll get posted... but bear with us, our web/ratings person was unable to attend and the inexperienced will have to figure out how to get them posted electronically.

The River City Flyers (St. Louis DGC, St. Charles Co. DGC, JC Sharpshooters and S. Illinois Chain Gang) would like to thank everyone who came- players and volunteers alike.

Now, we're all exhausted and need to get some rest.

Anyone see how Nikko won? Looked like he was down by 3 strokes going into the final 9 safari holes then won by two. Wondered if there were any great shots made to win it.

I see Nikko was losing by two strokes going into the finals. Any video of the final nine?

I had a great time this weekend! The RCF club did a swell job hosting a tightly-run tournament. The players packs were amazingly juicy, the courses looked super and everything ran quite smoothly from where I stood. The rain made it tough but shaved off 20 degrees in a matter of minutes, so hooray for that.
Thanks

There is some video out there. We had a guy following the pros the whole weekend with a 3D video camera, I just don't yet know where he's going to make it available.

Yes, Nikko made some amazing shots to win. It was quite tense - but it seems he just wasn't willing to let his 4 year title fall before making it to 5.

I know other pictures were taken, but I wish I'd got nice close-ups of the trophies. They're these magnificent 12" X 16" plaques with a shelf which has a big "cable arch" made of a piece of the cables that were replaced a few years ago for the 'cars' that folks ride to the top of the Gateway Arch in. The official 2013 STLO logo was engraved on the plaque behind the arch.