• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tourney Videos

?

It's a Nova, I threw a S-P2 on holes 1-4 and a Nova on 6 (upshot) and 7 tee

Just wondering from a mindset why do you bag 3 putters? Obviously you putt only with mcpro's, what's the reason for using both a sp2 and nova at different times off the tee?

Thanks for your time answering questions Paul.

Just wondering from a mindset why do you bag 3 putters? Obviously you putt only with mcpro's, what's the reason for using both a sp2 and nova at different times off the tee?

I'm going to guess stability since all three are almost the same mold and all headless there's not much difference in feel except maybe the depth of the p2 which isn't all that noticeable.

You're forgetting the extra grip on the nova. The overmold is a pro-like material. Personally, I think he was just trying out the nova for a bit.

Last edited:
he had a giant lead and wanted to show he could still school some of the best players with new discs... plus I'm sure Innova appreciates him using them on a video that regular golfers will watch..

I must say it made me think about owning a Nova, and I really don't care for the over molds

S-P2 is my over stable driving and upshot putter and the nova is Straight to under stable driving or upshot putter. The McPros are strictly for putting and the Nova is sticking in my bag so it's not a gimmick at all.

Spike Hyzer's 2013 Year End Roast at the Country Course
Final 13 MPO

Big Thanks to Marty for giving this thread so much awesome footage this year can't wait to see what he has in store next year.

Spike Hyzer's 2013 Year End Roast at the Country Course
Final 13 MPO

Big Thanks to Marty for giving this thread so much awesome footage this year can't wait to see what he has in store next year.

a rare chance to see one of the games truly untalked greats play - Walt Haney.

This guy hadn't played a sanctioned event in 4 years - and only has played probably 20 rounds since then - and comes out and puts himself on the lead card of a 50 person open field. Unreal.

a rare chance to see one of the games truly untalked greats play - Walt Haney.

This guy hadn't played a sanctioned event in 4 years - and only has played probably 20 rounds since then - and comes out and puts himself on the lead card of a 50 person open field. Unreal.

I was thinking about this while watching it. Could see some erratic unpolished diamond glistening. Glad another person recognized Mr. Haney.

love the "groundskeeping fail of the year":D

I thought that was one of the few times I've ever seen Dave act poorly. So what if that's there? You play amongst rocks, trees, and all sorts of crap. Sometimes something like that happens.

I've played courses where the baskets are leaning 15°, or there are lumpy (or muddy, or crumbling, etc.) tee pads, or the top assembly wobbles like crazy or leans itself (making one side "shorter" than the other side), etc. You just roll with it.

Latest posts