• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tourney Videos

2013 Charlie Vettiner Open highlights from the final round and interview with this year's champion and 2013 hall of fame inductee, Barry Schultz!

Gotta agree with Barry, Severign Lang is a great course. Plays amazing, with some of the funnest shots i've ever played. Top 5 in my book! :thmbup:

2013 Charlie Vettiner Open highlights from the final round and interview with this year's champion and 2013 hall of fame inductee, Barry Schultz!

When I drove to worlds this past year, I stopped and played both courses (Charlie and Severien (SP?)). Both were wonderful courses.

Avery Jenkins: "Um....team Europe put up an incredible fight. You've got some amazing players in this country.....and throughout Europe" "...and really what this is all about, though...it's team unity. It's disc golf unity....and really bringing, you know...two nations together."

Wow. Almost covered it up the first time. But you know what they say. Fool me once...

Oh, Avery.

Glad to see Brad Schick and Cincy local Cyrus Fuhrman get some air time. Cyrus is a damn nice guy who has stepped his game up big time. Happy to see him with the hot round, regardless of his finishing spot. :thmbup:

On a side note, I believe he was the guy I noticed walking around at the start of my first competitive event (local monthly points series) with a split nose from taking a driver to the face during warmups. It's amazing the things you remember...:D

Avery Jenkins: "Um....team Europe put up an incredible fight. You've got some amazing players in this country.....and throughout Europe" "...and really what this is all about, though...it's team unity. It's disc golf unity....and really bringing, you know...two nations together."

Wow. Almost covered it up the first time. But you know what they say. Fool me once...

Oh, Avery.

Were most of the players on the European team from the host country?

He didn't say anything factually incorrect. By "this country" he meant the country in which he was standing, and then he added "throughout Europe."

I get that it's popular to bag on Avery (and others), but let's see how well you speak in front of an audience. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when he's not even technically said anything incorrect.

Were most of the players on the European team from the host country?

He didn't say anything factually incorrect. By "this country" he meant the country in which he was standing, and then he added "throughout Europe."

I get that it's popular to bag on Avery (and others), but let's see how well you speak in front of an audience. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when he's not even technically said anything incorrect.

Oh, I can't speak in front of audiences. I melt. Just pointing something out. Not in a bandwagon bag on Avery way, just in an I'm observant and I said something kind of way. I found it amusing and pretty blatant.

The first part of the quote is passable. He called Europe a nation and then corrected himself. All a matter of opinion...but I don't personally think he referred to the country he was 'standing in' but rather made a mistake and corrected it. Either way, that is opinion and only Avery knows what he meant to say.

But technically, the second is certainly incorrect. It's not team unity between two nations. It's the United States (one nation) and Europe (lots of nations) as a whole, also known as a continent. I'm not so sure you could lump them together like that. Ok, ok...I'm positive you can't.

I would even say that on some continents (Europe included) considering parts a whole could be offensive, regardless of which country you stood in at the time you said it.

:\

Last edited:
He called Europe a nation and then corrected himself.

Read it literally. He didn't. That's my point.

He said "you have a lot of great players in this country." I can say the same thing where I'm standing right now and people will take it to mean the United States of America, not all of North America. The fact that he added "and throughout Europe" speaks to the fact that he knows Europe isn't a country.

I'm guessing that most of the players in the European Cup on Team Europe were from the host country.

But technically, the second is certainly incorrect. It's not team unity between two nations.

Yeah, that part was just dumb. Take the "two" out though and it's okay. Or replace nations with "teams" or "continents" (if Canadians were allowed to play?), etc.

Whatever. I'm probably the only person who cares even a little teeny bit, so I'll shuddup now. :)

He said "you have a lot of great players in this country." I can say the same thing where I'm standing right now and people will take it to mean the United States of America, not all of North America. The fact that he added "and throughout Europe" speaks to the fact that he knows Europe isn't a country.

I'm guessing that most of the players in the European Cup on Team Europe were from the host country.

Yeah, that part was just dumb. Take the "two" out though and it's okay. Or replace nations with "teams" or "continents" (if Canadians were allowed to play?), etc.

Whatever. I'm probably the only person who cares even a little teeny bit, so I'll shuddup now. :)

yeah...first part open to interpretation. second...not so much.

who cares. i thought it was funny. :hfive:

Guessing wrong:
Karl-Johan Nybo is from Denmark
Natalie Holloköi is from Switzerland
Tobias Östling is from Sweden
Emil Dahlgren is from Sweden
Henrik Johansen is from Sweden
Simon Lizotte is from Germany
Henna Määttä is from Finland
Arttu Sikanen is from Finland

Anyway, I am european and I had a good laugh about Avery's nation mixup and I'm not mad at him at all. I rather feel sorry for him...

I agree with you that he got the first part right, but he did mess up the second part. I'm not a huge fan of Avery's, but I thought it was a nice speech, error or not.

Thanks for posting - anyone else playing Seneca this weekend?

It is always inspiring to watch top pros play Seneca and hit the same trees that I hit . . . I'm hoping to spend lots of time in the fairway this weekend.

Hope springs eternal, as they say. :D

People come to this great thread for videos not to read crap that should be in the landfill.

Kthxbye.

What? You just decide what this thread is for? You can't decide. I make that decision. That decision is mine and God's.

Latest posts