• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

Y'all may be planning for more Advanced Ams to be there, but lets look at the last two years as an example. Charlotte: Advances Ams fills a couple of weeks before open registration. Emporia: Advanced Ams fills a month before open registration. Lets say we get to five pools of 72 players in Advanced Ams (which after seeing the last two years seems to be a nightmare to figure out course assignments) That pushes the total to 360 players. You might make it to open registration though there are consistently more and more people signing up to play Am Worlds. With the location being in a major metropolitan area, odds are more people will be interested than last year in Emporia (which by the way was a most gracious host, I felt like a celebrity in that town). There is a distinct possibility that we will make it to open registration but my guess is that it fills the week before open registration. I hope I am wrong so there can be a strong local crowd playing, but if not, I highly encourage more volunteers from that local crowd because you will be needed with that many people coming to town.

Cgkdisc, I am curious to hear the logistics of more than 300 people in MA1 if you would care to share.

It's actually 6 pools of 72 with the same course schedule but we initially plan to have the MJ1 & MJ2 playing in those Advanced pools also. Courses will potentially have up to three rounds a day played on them more like previous Worlds than Charlotte and Emporia. Schedule draft when ready still has to be approved by PDGA so this higher capacity is unofficial at the moment.

It's actually 6 pools of 72 with the same course schedule but we initially plan to have the MJ1 & MJ2 playing in those Advanced pools also. Courses will potentially have up to three rounds a day played on them more like previous Worlds than Charlotte and Emporia. Schedule draft when ready still has to be approved by PDGA so this higher capacity is unofficial at the moment.

Hmm, sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing the draft when it is finally approved.

Cgkdisc - any suggestions for a nice hotel that will be fairly central to all the courses we'll play?

Sweet - Thank you guys. Of course the 'ol lady will have the final say in this but I really appreciate the tip. I think I want to be near a nice park or one of the courses so we can goof off and throw in our off time. My son and I can't freakin wait. See ya this summer!

$14.50 a night!

Campground close to all the action for 6 folks from Jefferson City, MO is booked! Even get a night free after six nights...

ST. PAUL EAST RV PARK
RESERVATION CONFIRMATION

Site Type: 2 room cabin
Arrival Date: July 19, 2014
Departure Date: July 26, 2014
One Night Deposit Charge: $86.78
Total for Stay: $607.43

RELAX & ENJOY COUNTRY CAMPING NEAR THE CITIES!

I'll be there as your neighbor Scotty. Thanks for the idea!

BUMP! Any idea when registration will begin on this?

April 11th. It is posted on the PDGA website if you click on the World Championships link on the events tab and then follow that to the Am Worlds Registration Schedule. It is a PDF document that you have to open.

As a 50 who prefers to play the same course as the Advanced, will the Advanced Masters play the same courses as them? I really don't like to play easier/shorter courses.

MM1 plays 4 of the same courses and tees as MA1 including an even longer version of Kaposia. MA1 does not play Lions and MM1 does not play CP Adams and neither play Bryant on the current schedule draft which will not be final until July.

MM1 plays 4 of the same courses and tees as MA1 including an even longer version of Kaposia. MA1 does not play Lions and MM1 does not play CP Adams and neither play Bryant on the current schedule draft which will not be final until July.

Really?

Chuck what does the draft say about which courses MG1 will play?

Schedule draft is down to two alternatives being considered. MG1 will play The Valley, Kaposia, Bryant and Lions in either version and not play CP Adams. Either Kenwood or Oakwood will be played depending on which alternative is chosen.

Hmm... 90 different holes again.
You know my vote from previous conversations-- 4 courses is plenty enough.
Ron Pittman

Not personally against that idea since that's the policy for Pro Worlds. But until your point of view becomes the majority in your age bracket, five it will likely be if it's possible in the schedule. I would lobby the PDGA to do another poll of members in each division on the number of courses. Four different courses would be easier to schedule and might eliminate one of the more rugged courses to get around.

shakopee...really, for am worlds? i love mn courses but i feel like its land of memories but a little more challenging. even at that great am players will have no problem scoring below par, and no real score separation

lakewood isnt a better choice?

I hope Shakopee has improved a bunch since I last played it. Other than a few baskets close to water and the throw from the top of the hill it was not too fun or challenging.

Latest posts