• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

We can play these courses after am worlds play is done, correct? I am supposed to play at Lion's in Shakopee at 6 PM on Wednesday.

Sure. Once the official rounds are done, the courses are open and playable. I don't think there are any other special events after the daily rounds.

Day 1 done. 1/2 hour left at the flymart. Is anyone still there?

There was some really good shooting across the board. At least a handful of players in every MA1 pool shot hot today. Can they keep it up? The kids in 16 & under are shooting really well. The top 2 would be winning 19 & under with a handful of other that would make lead card.

Looking forward to another fun day tomorrow and the Great Suffle in the evening. I guess that really only applies to MA1 but it is still exciting.

Not all Men's Advanced have played the same courses on day 1 correct? I saw Robert Smith was leading. I think I played with that dude in Huntington Beach, but they call him "Robot".

Nevermind I see they posted the scores by pool

buddy hit an ace today at Kenwood (I think). The island hole with a wizard (2A), sweet money coming home with him, wish I were there

Not to discredit the ace, but that hole is a joke. There will be 15 aces on that hole this week...

Not all Men's Advanced have played the same courses on day 1 correct? I saw Robert Smith was leading. I think I played with that dude in Huntington Beach, but they call him "Robot".

Nevermind I see they posted the scores by pool

Huntington beach brews some really top quality players

buddy hit an ace today at Kenwood (I think). The island hole with a wizard (2A), sweet money coming home with him, wish I were there

If it was the afternoon round, I was somewhere between Hole 16 and 17 when I heard a ton of celebrating. Good for him, but that is taking money away from my ace that I got yesterday at CP.

I haven't seen all the scores posted yet, but I talked with Robert and he is tied for the lead. Or should be depending on what the top guys in other pools shoot.

I am sure most players not in the top 100 have the same complaint, but I could have played so much better. Today at Kenwood I played like I should have carded a 52-54 (course par 60). But I simply blew up on two holes. Two of my 4s were on the easiest holes on the course, holes I routinely get 2s (not the island hole).

The final 6 was the last hole of the day. I was nailing that shot all pre-round and I was averaging 3.5 on that hole, but knowing it was my last hole of the day I wanted to play conservative so I could play for an easy 4. I nailed the tree right off the tee. It was an uphill shot (Hole 6), so I was going to bend my Verdict around that tree, float up the hill, and fade out in the landing zone I was originally aiming for. Nailed the exact same tree and went sideways. It took me 3 shots to get to where I normally land off the opening drive. Then my approach rolled to within 30 of the basket but placed the only tree that could be in my way directly in my way. I had no chance to save for a 5.

I played 15 of the 18 holes good to great, almost error free. I even should have had a 2 on a hole that was nearly impossible to 2 (Hole 15), but I sallied the putt expecting a miss to roll away and out of putting range. If I could have had that last hole back and scored what I was conservatively playing for, I would be in B pool, not C.

Regardless, I am still having fun and it is a great experience. Now, these are courses in my area, and considering the fun I am seeing out of town people having, I am really looking forward to going to Michigan next year. Overall I am playing great, but if I could just have back two holes per round, I would be at least 10 throws higher in the standings.

Latest posts