• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

Dammmmmmnnnnnnn. That is a shot I'd like to see.

Probably one of the toughest holes out there.

Maybe one of the toughest to ace, not taking that accomplishment away, but that hole does have a fair fairway. There were a lot tougher holes out in the tournament; so many that were not even reachable in 2 or 3 unless a miracle happened.

Do people like when they mess with the OG layouts and play X tee to Y basket or make up different tees and so on?

I always thought this was a little weird and I enjoy seeing how the courses are "normally" played more often than not unless its truly just not viable.

seems to be the "norm" a lot of top tournaments though'

Do people like when they mess with the OG layouts and play X tee to Y basket or make up different tees and so on?

I always thought this was a little weird and I enjoy seeing how the courses are "normally" played more often than not unless its truly just not viable.

seems to be the "norm" a lot of top tournaments though'

I hate the idea of adding challenge and changing holes at courses because the point of Am Worlds moving every year is to showcase the courses in the region. By changing the holes you are no longer showcasing the courses or specific holes. If anything, you are only showing off the landscape because the majority of the changes will likely never be seen again unless a future TD wants to be cute. These are not going to be permanent layout changes; I will never play them again unless I go safari.

We are giving a false and inflated impression of the difficulty of our courses. I understand that many of us expect this of a major tournament, but still it is not an accurate representation of the courses we normally play and brag about here in Minnesota.

With that being said, I did like the changes at Kenwood because the majority of the changes occurred on the open and featureless holes. Thankfully they left the wooded holes alone. The same could be said of Hole 1 at Kaposia. They removed three birdie-able holes and replaced it with a more challenging and appropriate hole. However, I totally disagree with the hockey rink hole later in the course. How is that representative of what Kaposia is like? The uphill hole as it was is difficult enough and provides the scoring separation you are looking for in a tournament. The new change was just down right mean because in one hole you can ruin an entire round, but there was little advantage for those who simply played it well. Even the Gold version of Kaposia is a better and more accurate representation.

I hate the idea of adding challenge and changing holes at courses because the point of Am Worlds moving every year is to showcase the courses in the region. By changing the holes you are no longer showcasing the courses or specific holes. If anything, you are only showing off the landscape because the majority of the changes will likely never be seen again unless a future TD wants to be cute. These are not going to be permanent layout changes; I will never play them again unless I go safari.

We are giving a false and inflated impression of the difficulty of our courses. I understand that many of us expect this of a major tournament, but still it is not an accurate representation of the courses we normally play and brag about here in Minnesota.

With that being said, I did like the changes at Kenwood because the majority of the changes occurred on the open and featureless holes. Thankfully they left the wooded holes alone. The same could be said of Hole 1 at Kaposia. They removed three birdie-able holes and replaced it with a more challenging and appropriate hole. However, I totally disagree with the hockey rink hole later in the course. How is that representative of what Kaposia is like? The uphill hole as it was is difficult enough and provides the scoring separation you are looking for in a tournament. The new change was just down right mean because in one hole you can ruin an entire round, but there was little advantage for those who simply played it well. Even the Gold version of Kaposia is a better and more accurate representation.

Well said and I share the same sentiment.

I think the coverage of this is interesting. I only started watching round 2 <19 div from BRP but I liked the player pre-play interviews.

But...will it be available in edited form? I have not seen edited version from smashboxx but that would be a lot more watchable for normal people. And aspiring kid players.

Nope, we are not editing them. It takes HOURS to do that, and we just don't have the time with all the other stuff. I think after so long, YT lets you watch it in fast forward, that is what I recommend.

Thanks for watching!

I like North Valley as a tournament course and I think the Majestic should always finish there. Partly because it is spectator and filming friendly. Kaposia (my kids call it Jurassic Park) was a nightmare to watch the final nine.

I never liked Highland Ski hill as a final site. It may be difficult but it is boring to look at and exhausting for a gallery (especially when the gallery is made up of players that just played it in 90 F heat and 100% humidity).

I'm curious how Bryant Lake is playing for people. It's such a photogenic course. I hope there is some good footage.

What did they change about the hockey rink hole?

Any maps/caddy books online that show the layout changes?

Nope, we are not editing them. It takes HOURS to do that, and we just don't have the time with all the other stuff. I think after so long, YT lets you watch it in fast forward, that is what I recommend.

Thanks for watching!

Thank you for the coverage. Terry is a nice guy. I played in his Valley View league a few years ago and he gives out a lot of plastic. Mark Peterson does too (Brown Deer in the league longs is so awesome) . Must be a Milwaukee thing.

Louis laporta just won the mill stream open the other weekend beating long time 1000 rated player Kyle pinkman and a host of other solid top pros

How dare that 940 rated player not go pro? He has no business holding onto his amateur status and playing Worlds.

I like North Valley as a tournament course and I think the Majestic should always finish there. Partly because it is spectator and filming friendly. Kaposia (my kids call it Jurassic Park) was a nightmare to watch the final nine.

I never liked Highland Ski hill as a final site. It may be difficult but it is boring to look at and exhausting for a gallery (especially when the gallery is made up of players that just played it in 90 F heat and 100% humidity).

I love the Valley as a tournament course, but it probably wouldn't be great for finals at the majestic unless they did safari holes.

if its the long placement with the basket behind the rink im all for it. thats my absolute favorite placement at kp.

They linked the hockey rink hole to the hole before it. Took a four during a casual round yesterday only because I throw Lhfh rollers. It's grueling and very punishing to the errant drive. And as for pin placement, it is to the right of the rink as you turn the corner, not behind it.

ive always thought that disc golfers should learn to throw lhbh and rhbh just like skateboarders ride regular and switch. forehand would be like pushing mongo...

Latest posts