• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

Not typical to reveal player packs items at Am or Pro Worlds before you arrive other than maybe one or two teaser items.

Here is the big players pack spoiler. You are going to get some discs and a bunch of pieces of paper from various vendors. In the last two years they have given 6 and 8 discs. That number depends on what manufacturers decide to step up. The bag was nice last year, but that probably had more to do with the fact Dynamic ran the event. I am guessing there will be a shirt of some kind and probably at least one bonus shirt from one of the vendors. If you want more than that, you are just greedy. The last two years there were no revelations before hand that I can remember, just a rumor or two.

My father and I are hoping to get out and play a quick round at BRP this Saturday at 8 am. Will we run into any AM worlds related activity besides other early birds playing practice rounds? Just want to make sure we don't drive up there and end up not being able to play.

I am not competing in AM worlds, but best of luck to those who are! I recently played the new layout at CP Adams and had a blast.

My father and I are hoping to get out and play a quick round at BRP this Saturday at 8 am. Will we run into any AM worlds related activity besides other early birds playing practice rounds? Just want to make sure we don't drive up there and end up not being able to play.

I am not competing in AM worlds, but best of luck to those who are! I recently played the new layout at CP Adams and had a blast.

There is going to be a Sun King Dubs round at 11am. I think thats the time anyway. I am still looking for a partner to play with if anyone is interested.

Leaving Saturday morning and hope to arrive around (7:00pm). Looking at The Valley, Oakwood & Kaposia as possible Sunday stops - with one of them being possibly early Monday.

One of the guys that arrived yesterday posted the following as the Kaposia layout.

(1) 1 tee to 4 basket, mando tree marked
(2) Hole 5 long
(3) Hole 6 short
(4) Hole 7 short
(5) Hole 8 long
(6) Hole 10 short (new location)
(7) Hole 11
(8) Hole 12
(9) Hole 13
(10) 14 tee to 15 basket (newly cleared route)
(11) Hole 16
(12) Hole 17
(13) Hole 18
(14) Hole 19
(15) 20 tee to 21 basket
(16) Hole 22
(17) Hole 23
(18) 24 tee to 3 basket

Does anyone know of any MJ1 players staying at or near the Clarion? I would very much appreciate a ride to the courses next week. I would be able to pay my share of the gasoline costs.

Alright, I have a question for Chuck, AKA the man, AKA mr. helpful, AKA he might be able to beat Chuck Norris. I said might.

I played Oakwood today and I noticed a couple of big white arrows on the tree that sits right in the middle of the fairway on holes 4 and 18. Are we playing that as mandos for worlds?

Yes. Mando left for both holes. Trying to reduce slow traffic in that area due to bigger than normal pond this year. I think that's the only special rule for Worlds on this course.

I heard a possibility of some spots being open in MA1. Anybody (Chuck) know if that is true? I have sent an email but haven't heard anything back. Figured it was a long shot but I'd try!

If spots open up, they will first go to those still on the waitlist, then to those who happen to be at the Worlds check-in area if some players don't show up to check in.

Met some guys form Australia playing Bryant Lake yesterday. That's a first.

This Am Worlds thing seems pretty fun. I wish had signed up my 11 year old this year. Oh well. Maybe Kalamazoo.

Latest posts