• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Discraft Ace Race

I just want to know soon. We are the first Ace Race in Minnesota every year and traditionally they release the teaser of what it is after we have to have the course set up and the scorecard/map sent to the printers. Also, most people get interested in it by the teaser just after the deadline Discraft requires our order and payment, so often we are left guessing how many packages to order.

This year seems worse than ever because there has been nothing from Discraft and we are only three weeks away from our tournament. There has been so little interest in it so far. Players in the know seem more excited by the Trilogy Challenge.

^^ Exactly. With events coming up so soon, this disc should have been announced already.

I have never participated in an AR, but I do get regular use from my Zombee. It's quickly becoming one of my most commonly used discs.

I use the zombee a lot as well. It reminds me ofy favorite driver when I was younger: the cyclone. It fly's similar...but the zombee is faster and in Z plastic

the zombee is a piece of ****. worthless tweener. but then again i do carry a stalker and buzz so its a pretty worthless gap to fill

I think Discraft needs to scrap all of their mids except the Buzzz. Release the Buzzz OS and rework the Buzzz SS to be more understable. So all you have is the Buzzzes.

the comet is the single greatest disc to ever be created and i will tolerate none of this nonsense.

I have like all the AR discs. I think the zombee and impact (very underrated) are awesome straight flying discs. The Mantis was alright, but not great for an ace race. I love the meteor, and the focus was my putter for some time. I recently played with some Discraft people and one DID have a "Buzzz OS" not sure if that will be the AR disc or not, but sounds like it.

I aced with one.

i actually got second in the ace race with the zombie haha. but its a gap i do not need filled. however. if your playing minimalist glow dg. bringing a d driver, zombie and a putter makes perfect sense to me.

Just re-release the Zeppelin. It's a crime that disc didn't get production.

Yes, but have to use the discs from the current event. No beating-in discs from a previous event.

I have never seen an official statement from Discraft supporting this claim.

Many people who attend multiple Ace Race events re-use a set and keep the other fresh in hopes of selling.

I have never seen an official statement from Discraft supporting this claim.

Many people who attend multiple Ace Race events re-use a set and keep the other fresh in hopes of selling.

It's in the TD info page at http://discgolfacerace.com/tdinfo.html.

Q: One of my players wants to throw discs he got at an Ace Race earlier in the season. Can I charge him less and just not give him a player package?

A: No. All entry fees must be the same ($25 or international equivalent), all players must receive a player pack and use the new discs in it. In an effort to keep the event as fair as possible for all participants, no "seasoned" discs are allowed.

I didn't find anything on their webpage about playing in more than one or about the discs. Not saying you can or can't just saying I couldn't find anything about it.

you can play in multiple events. discraft will let you pay them as many times as you want.

Latest posts