• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Not sure what else you want him to do. He has never really provided hole descriptions in any of his videos (unless course map was available). He added tee signs where he could in this video and included distances... So he basically followed the same format he always has. I feel that's enough. Go play the course if you need more insight ;)

Great videos. Who would have thought Florida had any elevation (other than overpasses) and dense woods/growth (makes us NCers almost envious). Also super job to Mike and SunDiscs in doing the course; only wish it wasn't a temp!

Only wish the tee signs had some sense of directionals, I'm sure it was obvious to the players but not for us screen viewers.

John E might be my new favorite pro. What a legit dude.

Thanks DG Guy for the coverage! :thmbup:

Nice video of the Oklahoma Open.
1 - righty hyzer, OB right
2 - righty hyzer, OB right
3 - wide open
4 - righty hyzer, OB right
5 - wide open
6 - straight shot with lefty hyzer route over the OB(Devon parks it :) )
7 - wooded shot with left and right hyzer routes (Devon parks LHBHH, Paul parks RHBHH)
8 - wide open/ very very wide fairway
9 - wide open/ very very wide fairway

Enjoyed watching it, well done, even if it is yet another righty-hyzer-friendly course :(

Yeah, I felt bad after Devan after a few of those holes haha. McBeth tore that final 9 up. Just when you thought birdies get boring he nearly aces a hole.

Nice video of the Oklahoma Open.
1 - righty hyzer, OB right
2 - righty hyzer, OB right
3 - wide open
4 - righty hyzer, OB right
5 - wide open
6 - straight shot with lefty hyzer route over the OB(Devon parks it :) )
7 - wooded shot with left and right hyzer routes (Devon parks LHBHH, Paul parks RHBHH)
8 - wide open/ very very wide fairway
9 - wide open/ very very wide fairway

Enjoyed watching it, well done, even if it is yet another righty-hyzer-friendly course :(
Go watch Black Hawk and Red Hawk and let me see how this RHBH vs LHBH chart works. :thmbup:

Go watch Black Hawk and Red Hawk and let me see how this RHBH vs LHBH chart works. :thmbup:

Love to! Wish I didn't have to actively search for courses that don't favor RHBHH, but it is what it is.

Can't find any vids, but I'm looking at everything here on DGCR.
I love what the Tulsa club did with this little nugget --- click on the number on the left of the page to see the hole for both Blackhawk and Redhawk.

Blackhawk:

Lefty hyzer holes(turns right): 3, 4, 11, maybe 15?
Righty hyzer holes: 2, 5, 6(there's a lefty line but righty hyzer is much more open) 8, 10, 12?, 13, 14, maybe 16?
All the water carries are righty hyzers(water to the right).

Redhawk:

Hard to tell here; the course pics make it look like there's a line everywhere -- it's flat with only a few trees to navigate. Again, I only have the pics on here to make this determination.

Would love some insight, or especially a video.

The Throw Down the Mountain temp course is pure awesome. So much spanish moss just daring you to try and blow through it, and several holes in my absolute favorite style (big placement drive to a lower elevation, then a true upshot back up the elevation).

Thanks for the video!

Love to! Wish I didn't have to actively search for courses that don't favor RHBHH, but it is what it is.

Can't find any vids, but I'm looking at everything here on DGCR.
I love what the Tulsa club did with this little nugget --- click on the number on the left of the page to see the hole for both Blackhawk and Redhawk.

Blackhawk:

Lefty hyzer holes(turns right): 3, 4, 11, maybe 15?
Righty hyzer holes: 2, 5, 6(there's a lefty line but righty hyzer is much more open) 8, 10, 12?, 13, 14, maybe 16?
All the water carries are righty hyzers(water to the right).

Redhawk:

Hard to tell here; the course pics make it look like there's a line everywhere -- it's flat with only a few trees to navigate. Again, I only have the pics on here to make this determination.

Would love some insight, or especially a video.

I remember playing red hawk and Blackhawk in 2012. Red hawk was very neutral favoring lefty I would say and Blackhawk was neutral to righty. Really pretty even courses and really awesome courses. Great vid of McClure. That was a really fun course. Although the hikes they didn't play in the final 9 were my favorites.

I remember playing red hawk and Blackhawk in 2012. Red hawk was very neutral favoring lefty I would say and Blackhawk was neutral to righty. Really pretty even courses and really awesome courses. Great vid of McClure. That was a really fun course. Although the hikes they didn't play in the final 9 were my favorites.

It looks like Redhawk has many more holes that favor righty hyzers(either turn left or have OB to the right) as compared to lefty hyzers(turn right, there are no holes with only OB to left), but again, I haven't played there, and the only info I have is what I can find on DGCR, and everything looks flat and wide open, mostly.

Well...they certainly aren't the best golfers in the video...but it's kinda refreshing to see some new footage.

Not sure why they would make that claim when filming guys with 930 ratings.

Well...they certainly aren't the best golfers in the video...but it's kinda refreshing to see some new footage.

Not sure why they would make that claim when filming guys with 930 ratings.

Agreed. I enjoyed the new footage but watching 2 "sponsored" guys shoot a 56 and a 61 on a course that short was rough. The putting... dear lord the putting... :doh: