• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

A lot of work has been done by the PFDS getting ready for worlds. A lot and I mean A LOT of brush clearing has been done at moraine along the fairways. Last saturday we removed B pin from hole 4 and relocated it to a newly cleared out area. This makes the hole a true par 4 in its new location

From the facebook page:

We are pleased to announce that Prodigy Disc Golf will be the competition course sponsor for Knob Hill Park.

As part of their sponsorship, the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society will be replacing the current baskets with 19 new Prodigy DGT 1 targets. Prodigy has also provided fundraising discs to benefit the World Championships along with a financial contribution.

Like who is playing what courses on what days, or what courses are being played? I don't think the final schedule is hammer out until pretty late isn't it?

I'm almost certain that I have heard that the final 9 will be at Slippery Rock. That is by far the most spectator friendly course, but also gonna be the most boring for quality of disc golf. Just throw far. Maybe the wind will pick up and make it interesting.

With the invite list out there now, is there a timeframe that we can expect to see the course schedule?

I don't know of a day-by-day schedule at this point, but I do know (through making course maps for J. Gary) that the four courses are Knob Hill, Deer Lakes, Moraine State Park, and Slippery Rock University. Tournament headquarters and the final round(s) are at Slippery Rock. Note that major work, especially upgrading tee pad, is in progress for all four courses.

A couple of the biggest drawbacks about Deer Lakes have been fixed: A trench has been dug down Hole 3's fairway to collect water and hopefully avoid mud. Hole 8 has a pyramid green that now makes that hole significantly better.

I suspect the draft schedule will be revealed next Friday when the invites get emailed.

I don't know of a day-by-day schedule at this point, but I do know (through making course maps for J. Gary) that the four courses are Knob Hill, Deer Lakes, Moraine State Park, and Slippery Rock University. Tournament headquarters and the final round(s) are at Slippery Rock. Note that major work, especially upgrading tee pad, is in progress for all four courses.

A couple of the biggest drawbacks about Deer Lakes have been fixed: A trench has been dug down Hole 3's fairway to collect water and hopefully avoid mud. Hole 8 has a pyramid green that now makes that hole significantly better.

Played DL yesterday, and even with the new trench down the center of 3, it was crazy muddy all the way down/up 3

Played DL yesterday, and even with the new trench down the center of 3, it was crazy muddy all the way down/up 3

Well, maybe not fix the mud completely, but hopefully some grass will get a chance to grow back in after all the construction. Something good has to come out of all that water that's now in the stream channel that used to be on the fairway. Plus, it's March.

A trench isn't going to prevent the ground from ever being muddy in the spring. It's only going to shorten the length of time the mud exists. The difference between a month of muddy fairway and maybe a week or two of muddy fairway is huge.

The mound on hole 8 really turns it from a boring "filler" hole to something that has some risk/reward to it, end up on the left side, try to run it have a chance of going ob

Cant wait for summer and worlds!

Also want to thank those who went out in the rain and installed the "C" pins at Slippery Rock yesterday!

Yinz guys rock!

Mens open doesnt play knob! That course is a great separator and so different from the others

Im more surprised that they only play deer lakes once...moraine is definitely a great course. I liked deer lakes better than moraine though...too many low ceiling holes at moraine IMO. With the exception of 1 and 14 deer lakes has better fairways...