• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

EO will was pouting and mcbeth had to force him to shake hands which is an improvement since in the past they usually don't shake hands. After USDGC win with Will throwing innova discs, he and the prodigy cronies all jumped up and down hugging chanting prodigy. There's definitely some hurt feelings which is a shame in one way because will and paul used to be good friends, and it's exciting in another way because it creates good rivalries. I never cheer for Will, but I definitely respect his game because it's impossible not to (excluding putting, although improved still hard to watch).

That was at the memorial right after prodigy launched. He has won a couple of tournaments since then with a full prodigy bag.

That was the Round 1 course right? Yeah, that surely tested the players better than the open stuff. IMO of course.

Although few of the par-4 holes did seem rather short. I mean, yes, these are the world's best, but even if on a sub-par opening shot, you're almost guaranteed to putt for a birdie (eagle look on a great drive), maybe drop them to a par-3? 117m /383ft par-4, even if through woods, I'd consider that short even for my local course, but this is Pro Worlds. Is it a par-4 just to jack up the scores? -45 looks better than -15 after 5 rounds.

Which hole is listed at 383ft and a Par 4? Both Holes 2 and 4 play around 450ft from the gold tees, but I think they're legitimate gold Par 4s based on narrow fairways and playing uphill.

Moraine golds have consistently played very close to 1000-rated over the years, and the course has been adjusted to try to keep it that way. I think Par 66 was rated 990 for the top pros. The dip below 1000 might be explained by the new concrete tees or the good weather or the removal of a couple trees -- or just randomness.

It'd be a fun exercise to try to find a way to make the course about 3 strokes harder (Par 66 = 1020 rated), but it's also cool that you can make a trip to Moraine any day and play a very similar layout. I'm not sure if the PDGA has an ideal degree of difficulty for worlds? 980? 1000? 1020?

Psychologically speaking, what does that do to the leader when a guy makes up that many strokes in one round?

EO will was pouting and mcbeth had to force him to shake hands which is an improvement since in the past they usually don't shake hands. After USDGC win with Will throwing innova discs, he and the prodigy cronies all jumped up and down hugging chanting prodigy. There's definitely some hurt feelings which is a shame in one way because will and paul used to be good friends, and it's exciting in another way because it creates good rivalries. I never cheer for Will, but I definitely respect his game because it's impossible not to (excluding putting, although improved still hard to watch).

That was at the memorial right after prodigy launched. He has won a couple of tournaments since then with a full prodigy bag.

Yep, the Prodigy "hug" was at the memorial.

attachment.php

Psychologically speaking, what does that do to the leader when a guy makes up that many strokes in one round?

I think it might just put a little more pressure on Will than any other player really. Especially considering it is Paul making that kind of leap. Just based on averages, Will needs to shoot an average of 20 points higher than his rating just to keep pace with McBeths average performance. While these guys are the best of the best, I feel like the margins of error become very thin when you need to play over your head for 6 or 7 rounds straight against the defending champion and highest rated player in the world. I would have probably thrown up a little bit hearing how much ground he made up and started thinking of every shot that didn't quite go right. Obviously the mental aspect is not the best part of my game yet.

Paul's 3 today is definitely impressive but not out-of-this-world impressive for the MPO leaders. I honestly expected to see a few more 3s on that hole. If you have the distance, it just takes a good shot off the tee and a little luck to get good footing -- the second shot doesn't require too much finesse. Will almost had an eagle in the same pin position back in 2011 after clipping trees off the tee and throwing his second shot from a standstill in the ditch (see 17:39).

Will chained out for eagle today on hole 3 also.

Its not just you.

So... anybody else notice Uli's lack of step putting? Did the internet foot fault Nazis get to him or what? :popcorn:

Feldberg at the deleware disc golf challenge said they had been working togeather to make a fully functional and legal jump putt. I can't remember which leg. Want to say left foot forward and you throw the right knee up pretty far. Uli apparently likes the new style and wants to switch over quickly so he may have only been practicing the new style but maybe is more confident in the anhyzer flex (I haven't been watching) for worlds.

But ya I'm sure the pros said stuff to him and the internet prolly too.

If Feldberg says something about your step-putt, then you know it's not on the up and up lol

I think it might just put a little more pressure on Will than any other player really. Especially considering it is Paul making that kind of leap. Just based on averages, Will needs to shoot an average of 20 points higher than his rating just to keep pace with McBeths average performance. While these guys are the best of the best, I feel like the margins of error become very thin when you need to play over your head for 6 or 7 rounds straight against the defending champion and highest rated player in the world. I would have probably thrown up a little bit hearing how much ground he made up and started thinking of every shot that didn't quite go right. Obviously the mental aspect is not the best part of my game yet.

Bet the top pros hardly think about player ratings. Will doesn't think Mcbeth is two strokes a round better then him. That would be a losing mentality.

Bet the top pros hardly think about player ratings. Will doesn't think Mcbeth is two strokes a round better then him. That would be a losing mentality.

Oh, I doubt that they think about the difference in round ratings, or strokes, but that he knows he needs to play his best game, day in, day out in order to even keep pace. Paul basically gave away the USDGC last year and he lost to Paul in a playoff earlier this year at BSF. Throw in any recent events in Europe......

I'm just saying that tonight he knows that a huge opportunity to keep the door shut slipped by. Instead Paul just kicked it wide open.

Oh, I doubt that they think about the difference in round ratings, or strokes, but that he knows he needs to play his best game, day in, day out in order to even keep pace. Paul basically gave away the USDGC last year and he lost to Paul in a playoff earlier this year at BSF. Throw in any recent events in Europe......

I'm just saying that tonight he knows that a huge opportunity to keep the door shut slipped by. Instead Paul just kicked it wide open.

I don't know if there's much Will could have done to "keep the door shut" considering how much better Paul's round was than the rest of the field. As good as Will is, it's not like he can simply go out and shoot a 1060 or 1080 rated round on command. Still a long way to go (45 holes) and it's not as though he was going to run away with this thing given the depth of the field. It's not like it's only Paul he has to stay out in front of.

Its also worth noting that the way Will "opened the door" in the first place was by shooting a round almost identical (rating and score wise) nuclear hot round to the one Paul shot today to "close the gap".

Latest posts