• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Um, it's not grey, you're opinion needs some updating, but review my reprimand above this isn't the place to hammer it -- you can only hammer the TD for messing up the Sarah thing. :thmbup:

Sorry...I have too many lawyers in my family....carry on.

11060332_448005862053428_6889625865962582336_o.jpg

The Flight Record's Stu Mullenberg captures Ohn Scoggins lending her support to Sarah Hokom in a touching moment.

Sarah, wishing you all the best.

Last edited:
Somebody get coverage of the 2nd MPO card please! And the lead FPO card!

No TD's on site. PDGA President and Marshal for Deer Lakes went to inform top four cards of the situation with the leading player (Sarah H.). Majority of players on top two cards were in favor of delaying start until Sarah could join them, speaking aloud of clever delaying tactics and just plain pleading for more time. Marshal refused, declaring the delay is due to consideration of reporting the situation.
This was not "polling" the players as to how THEY wanted to proceed/ wait, though the opinions offered were clear and plenty.
One player on the fourth card lucidly explained that further delay on behalf of a single player was setting a precedent of preference, and was unfair to the rest of the field. Discussion ended and the two minute warning was sounded and then the start of play was sounded exactly 15 minutes later than the published time.
Sarah arrived and began play on the 9th hole (par 5) with little delay but some emotional exchanges, having missed #7 & #8 (both par 3). She played out the round, with a caddy that she didn't know who was secured on the spot.

All of this I witnessed directly. Right or wrong, this is how it unfolded.

I have heard from others that the car accident was absolutely horrendous.

Kudos to the ladies for setting the example for sports"man"ship.
Now, how soon till we're back at male player xyz behaved like a giant baby on the course?
Hoorah, ladies!!!

One Word... WOW!!!

I have lots to talk about regarding the MPO lead card this morning (sorry in advance, everyone). I'll keep this one short, though.

My daughter and I were in the gallery on the left side of the fairway on Moraine #6 this morning. It's a 948' beast of a hole. The lead card had to wait on the tee for about 5-10 minutes for the chase card to clear the hole, after some apparent miscues into the ROUGH.

I couldn't really see the throwing lanes through the trees from my vantage point, but figured that were some up the gut routes for a low screamer or a roller. So I'm taking a picture of Paul McBeth teeing off (see below) and don't catch the flight of the disc immediately. If you look at his eyes in the picture, maybe you can tell where he was throwing.

picture.php

By the time I HEARD the flight of the disc, I looked up and it was going over my head. He had gone over that whole first group of trees and ended up well past it in the fairway. It was awesome! Here's the best that I could do to describe it using the DGCR Gold Tee photo.

picture.php

Amazing! Can't wait to see the CCDG footage!

No TD's on site. PDGA President and Marshal for Deer Lakes went to inform top four cards of the situation with the leading player (Sarah H.). Majority of players on top two cards were in favor of delaying start until Sarah could join them, speaking aloud of clever delaying tactics and just plain pleading for more time. Marshal refused, declaring the delay is due to consideration of reporting the situation.
This was not "polling" the players as to how THEY wanted to proceed/ wait, though the opinions offered were clear and plenty.
One player on the fourth card lucidly explained that further delay on behalf of a single player was setting a precedent of preference, and was unfair to the rest of the field. Discussion ended and the two minute warning was sounded and then the start of play was sounded exactly 15 minutes later than the published time.
Sarah arrived and began play on the 9th hole (par 5) with little delay but some emotional exchanges, having missed #7 & #8 (both par 3). She played out the round, with a caddy that she didn't know who was secured on the spot.

What a train wreck. No TD on site? Follow the rule book....

Thanks for some real details. Sounds like it was handled pretty well by the marshall, all things considered

Poor Sarah, that's realy a terrible way to be thrown off the lead at worlds. At least she is healthy and safe, that's the most important.

About delaying the round to wait for her: Please never ever do that. That would set precedence for so many other things. It's unfortunate, but things can happen and the tournament has to go on on time.

I don't care who wins but I would love to see McBest bleed a few strokes in the first 9 of the final 27 to make it more entertaining than just a victory lap. I was impressed but also just stupified watching the fireworks yesterday as someone who always roots for close finishes and drama.

Cue McBeth coming on to tell me that's a dumb comment....o wait that was a few years ago