• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

So judging by this new video, it does look like he was foot faulting on the first two shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cn5Q1ocmU

And for those of you saying an open field foot fault doesn't matter, think about this- Is there a difference between these two shots:

A. Running up and throwing a distance shot

B. Running up and throwing a distance shot and trying to plant your foot in line with the basket and within the allowed 30 cm

Please tell me how that isn't gaining a competitive advantage if you aren't worried about planting your foot in the line of play and within 30 cm. It is not easy! It takes EFFORT to legally plant your foot.

Yeah. That video is a much better angle then the first one. He looked like he was missing the mark by a lot in that one.

yup the new video makes the case for legitimate footfaults better on the first two throws:

as to the "timing" of it being convenient [to push him out of the finals] its still up to endless debate.

I was coached to leave the disc (if you're not throwing the disc in the lie) on the ground instead of putting a mini because it gives you a lot more leeway (almost double the size because of the optical illusion of a regular disc being so much larger than a mini) with potential footfaults. Especially in longer open field shots where the advantage of a disc length is small.

What about EVERY pro I watched (mostly the top women at Moraine) on Saturday that took way more than 30 seconds over and over? I'd content they all had a rules violation!

What about EVERY pro I watched (mostly the top women at Moraine) on Saturday that took way more than 30 seconds over and over? I'd content they all had a rules violation!

No one ever calls time on people, unfortunately. Personally, I would on certain players. But I'm not on the card.

30 seconds is actually a really long time to be standing over your mark before throwing. Try it some day. I would bet your internal clock is running a lot faster than a actual stopwatch if you really think EVERY pro repeatedly took more than 30 seconds.

30 seconds is actually a really long time to be standing over your mark before throwing. Try it some day. I would bet your internal clock is running a lot faster than a actual stopwatch if you really think EVERY pro repeatedly took more than 30 seconds.

nikko on the putting green. Nearly every single time.

Nope. The rule is in place to ensure people play from the lie, which is defined as

Miss your lie, you've committed a stance violation. Period. Doesn't matter if you miss it by and inch or a mile; doesn't matter if it's wide open or obstructed: you either played from the lie or you didn't. If you didn't, you should EXPECT to be called.

You sound like an absolutely blast to play with :rolleyes: As I wrote before, the spirit of the rule is to keep people from gaining an advantage by playing from a location other than their lies. In the open field, and unless there is uneven ground, mud, etc. located directly behind your marker, there is no real advantage from an inch or two, and I'd probably call a courtesy violation on you for standing so close and leaning in enough that you'd actually be able to discern an inch during an x-step on an imaginary line that extends down the eye-balled middle of my marker to an unmeasured and unmarked distance of 30cm.

What is the penalty for a foot fault? Sorry for my ignorance in advance, within my 20 plus years of playing I have never called or been called for a foot fault. Was Stokley stroked?

What is the penalty for a foot fault? Sorry for my ignorance in advance, within my 20 plus years of playing I have never called or been called for a foot fault. Was Stokley stroked?

Warning and rethrow the first time during a round, stroke and rethrow every time after that during the round. Any throw not thrown from behind the lie does not count at all.

2 penalty strokes as he had already been warned ealier. The throws called a violation are discarded. So, for example, if that was his 1st lie off the tee the last legal throw would have been his 4th.

audio is way better on that video too. pb calls first one kc calls second. then explains and no arguments are made.

either way brian graham is a chump.

So judging by this new video, it does look like he was foot faulting on the first two shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cn5Q1ocmU

And for those of you saying an open field foot fault doesn't matter, think about this- Is there a difference between these two shots:

B. Running up and throwing a distance shot and trying to plant your foot in line with the basket and within the allowed 30 cm

Please tell me how that isn't gaining a competitive advantage if you aren't worried about planting your foot in the line of play and within 30 cm. It is not easy! It takes EFFORT to legally plant your foot.

^ This.

All the people saying that foot placement on open field shots doesn't matter are on crack. It absolutely takes focus, effort, & discipline to place your plant foot correctly behind the mini, all of which may take away distance and/or accuracy from the shot being made. These are our rules, and notice that Scott is making little (and possibly zero) care to look down and plant his foot correctly behind the mini.

Please also note that Scott has recently posted the following on his Facebook:

"I did something very wrong though and I am truly sorry for this. I took away from the fact that the event in Pittsburgh was the best run disc golf event I have ever played and what the women did was the greatest act of sportsmanship I have ever seen in disc golf. By taking the spotlight off of these two thing I was being selfish and for that I am very sorry."

So how bout it? I vote that we all follow Scott's lead...and focus on the fact that this was the best Pro Worlds ever!!!!

audio is way better on that video too. pb calls first one kc calls second. then explains and no arguments are made.

either way brian graham is a chump.

Still funny.....

"Unclemercy" has a long, long history of being a Debbie downer on both this and the PDGA message boards, and poo-pooing anyone who does something positive to help grow the sport of disc golf. To my knowledge, Gregory Lane has done absolutely nothing, ever, for the sport on the local, regional, or national levels.

I agree with this it always tones down my throw if I have to be concerned about my foot placement

the lungs knowledge is not under scrutiny in this thread let alone his wherewithal and understanding of history.

haha man thats some old posting. youre amazing.

after watching awards i thought we were all supposed to be family.

Last edited:
CCDG in the House!

Got to meet these two guys at Worlds in the parking lot before round 5 of the MPO at Moraine. We were just walking from the car towards the course and I saw them at their car getting ready to shoot the round.

It was a very cool way to start what was a great day for my daughter and me. Getting to thank them in person for all of their work was very cool. Plus they gave us a couple tips about viewing the round.

Nice to meet you, Ian and Stu!

picture.php

Course director for Deer Lakes here. Apparently I missed the memo stating that the 30-second rule had been abandoned. All cards, all divisions.

Latest posts