• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

You're a journalist, why not contact them yourself and find some information on them?

Oh wait. That's been done before. You may say they don't have a loud enough voice. I say get your ears checked.

Even with my faint hearing the decibel level created by MVP is pretty low. An article that is two years old isn't enough to really make a splash on the ole ear drums.

Perhaps they could try..... A video... Of something more than some unknown guy throwing their discs at the same park over and over again. I heard he made an appearance at Winthrop gold, that's nice. Good change of pace

They are going to need more presence at the top level of competition before they can be considered "making noise." A voice would be nice. A name. A face. Someone people can identify with the product. Rico with legacy. McBeth with innova. Lizotte with discmania. Doss with discmania. Fieldberg with latitude. Wysocki with prodigy. And until recently Dana with vibram. At this point my eyes and ears see and hear nothing more than some internet chatter and a few videos for axiom or mvp. Good product with absolutely no marketing campaign. Even someone with great hearing such as yourself has to admit that the company is lacking in the marketing department.

If pro presence equals marketing, then yes, MVP is lacking.

But show me where this hurts their sales, then we'll discuss it more. And I'd be more willing to bet that events like the Ace Rave, Birdie Bash, and Trilogy Challenge have done more for those respective companies among the general disc golf population than any pro name has. If anything, I think MVP needs an event more than a pro name.

What rings a bell to more people, Ace Race or Nate Doss? The vast majority of disc golfers outside these forums don't know who the pros are.

MVP doesn't get picked on any more than other companies, but they do open themselves up to ridicule by not having a loud enough voice in regards to their products. So little is known about them and they have no team or visibility on the tour thus they are easy to rib.

They make good discs, perhaps they should get a player or two to spread the word.

LOL.

Read the MVP thread once. New players throwing more gyro discs everrrrrrryday. I personally have put a few major innova heads onto some of their discs. Im one little player in MN who goes to ZERO events to play professionally. I don't think you get how it works. Latitude was in the same spot for a long time. You think I had a CLUE who the hell Jesper Lundmark was when I started throwing the pure or striker?! lollllllllllll.

All I can say is that Johne Leaving salient and going to Lat64, and Dana Leaving vibram for Prodigy were the best moves these guys could have made for their Careers. They both left horrible companies and are now eith great ones.

b/c?

Last edited:
oh and BTW....

mvp.jpg

attachment.php

Every new PDGA member gets an official disc as part of their signup pack, and the MVP Disc Sports Inertia has been selected for this exclusive honor in the 2015 season. We pride ourselves on being part of disc golf's newer generation, and it's great to partner with such a cornerstone of disc golf's history.

The PDGA Membership Neutron Inertia has a high-polish black core with a bright white GYRO™ rim and white PDGA / MVP Orbit logo stamp. There's only one way to get it, and that's to sign up for the PDGA (yourself or an honorary/gift membership) during the 2015 calendar year, as supplies last. This item is not available to dealers.

LOL.

Read the MVP thread once. New players throwing more gyro discs everrrrrrryday. I personally have put a few major innova heads onto some of their discs. Im one little player in MN who goes to ZERO events to play professionally. I don't think you get how it works. Latitude was in the same spot for a long time. You think I had a CLUE who the hell Jesper Lundmark was when I started throwing the pure or striker?! lollllllllllll.

b/c?

Oh. I think I get how it works. I would say that my knowledge about sports is above rudimentary.

And using Latitude as a model isn't applicable. Latitude did have a marketing campaign with both posters, a pro team and a visible presence on the tour. OF course, when they were coming up there wasn't the orgy of media outlets such as this site, to promote a dialogue about their product. MVP has a lot of opportunities to exploit free sites and get the word out and they stick to that.

Do they make a good product, sure. I even said that in a previous post. My comments are about their lack of effective marketing. Convincing casual players to buy their disc using a nudge here or a comment there, isn't the kind of LARGE SCALE MARKETING THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE. Even the Towch has a commercial. My point is that MVP opens themselves up to ribbing and ridicule because they are relatively silent. This creates a vacuum which will be filled with something. IF they don't do it, other people will.

Apparently you have done a great job, why don't you create a marketing scheme for them.

Their disc is the new PDGA disc... wonderful. Now get a player to throw it in a tournament to show it's effectiveness.

All I can say is that Johne Leaving salient and going to Lat64...

You mean the company that came in and helped him finish out his tour, and matched the offer of the Triology brand? Yeah, such a terrible company, the horror of a small start-up supporting one of the biggest names in the game today.

If Lat64 was such an amazing company, where were they all year supporting him? Did they give him a sig disc and pay him the money upfront without selling a single one first? What other company does that?

Dang, that model must really suck for Johne.

Or, before you spout off how terrible a company is to a player, actually read what really happened. Kudos to Johne for choosing his own path, but he also severed ties with Gateway, who'd been his sponsor for many years.

Oh. I think I get how it works. I would say that my knowledge about sports is above rudimentary.

And using Latitude as a model isn't applicable. Latitude did have a marketing campaign with both posters, a pro team and a visible presence on the tour. OF course, when they were coming up there wasn't the orgy of media outlets such as this site, to promote a dialogue about their product. MVP has a lot of opportunities to exploit free sites and get the word out and they stick to that.

Do they make a good product, sure. I even said that in a previous post. My comments are about their lack of effective marketing. Convincing casual players to buy their disc using a nudge here or a comment there, isn't the kind of LARGE SCALE MARKETING THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE. Even the Towch has a commercial. My point is that MVP opens themselves up to ribbing and ridicule because they are relatively silent. This creates a vacuum which will be filled with something. IF they don't do it, other people will.

Apparently you have done a great job, why don't you create a marketing scheme for them.

Their disc is the new PDGA disc... wonderful. Now get a player to throw it in a tournament to show it's effectiveness.

But your insistence that a disc is only good because a pro throws it in a tournament overlooks the fact that MVP has exploded without having any sponsored pros. Why spend money there when they don't need to? You're being a bit myopic about pro influence here.

And using Latitude as a model isn't applicable. Latitude did have a marketing campaign with both posters, a pro team and a visible presence on the tour. OF course, when they were coming up there wasn't the orgy of media outlets such as this site, to promote a dialogue about their product. MVP has a lot of opportunities to exploit free sites and get the word out and they stick to that. .

Um, what? I was one of the few players around here for sure as well on this board who threw an all latitude bag. Hell I had a primitus and medius :gross: b/c THERE WERE NO OTHER DISCS! Latitude facebook was started by a group of fans and for a LONG time was maintained by us lol. People thought it was the real page b/c they never did anything to get USA exposure. In a few short years they have come a LONGGG way in all aspects of their now companIES. Just wait'

The Richardson brother's have shown incredible maturity and patience in developing the MVP brand. It's really amazing what two kids in their early 20's have done. The company is growing at a very fast rate and the lack of a sponsored pro certainly isn't holding them back. Perhaps they want to perfect their product before they decide to showcase it on the highest level. The development of a baseline plastic was a big step in that direction.

So no more Diamond? Nice! Time to sign up for a PDGA membership :D

How come I can't find this information on the PDGA or MVP website though?

The PDGA has never made a big deal about the membership exclusive disc, because it isn't nor has it ever been a reason in and of itself to join (or not join). They don't choose the supplier based on how in-demand the disc is. They solicit the disc companies and take the best deal offered.

As for why MVP hasn't promoted it, who knows? None of the other manufacturers that have produced membership discs made a big deal of advertising that fact. Maybe they look at it the same way.

So we have one guy going from Gateway/Salient to Latitude 64 and two guys going from Vibram to Prodigy. Is that the best we are going to come up with this off season?

So we have one guy going from Gateway/Salient to Latitude 64 and two guys going from Vibram to Prodigy. Is that the best we are going to come up with this off season?

thought 2015 needs to hit before prodigy contracts are up..? we'll see come first of year'

All I can say is that Johne Leaving salient and going to Lat64, and Dana Leaving vibram for Prodigy were the best moves these guys could have made for their Careers. They both left horrible companies and are now eith great ones.
Why are Salient and Vibram horrible?

Why are Salient and Vibram horrible?

As far as I can tell, Vibram named one of their discs after weed slang and didn't fire Steve Dodge over it, and Salient...whatever Salient did, he'll apparently take his hatred of them to his grave.

I, for one, hope no one switches sponsors. The last thing disc golf on the sport side needs is to become like MLB or NFL or any other big time sport where people switch teams all the time.

Granted, if a good player isn't getting much from their sponsor and someone else comes along with a much better deal....more power to them.

Latest posts