• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

I do believe that Sarah Hokom officially announced her sponsor as Legacy. No idea if she had a different stipulation on her contract than Nikko or Ricky regarding timelines and whatnot.

O no doubt and more power to em I was loling at it being a "better deal"

Both of these programs are ideally made to reward people that already meet the criteria to join. One is free, one is not free. The not free option is the better deal?

Neither is a better deal for the player lol

If the reason that the vocal minority hate Salient on here is because they made some questionable posts a year ago or more (which I made sure to call them out on at the time) I highly suggest those offended get over themselves and stop holding a grudge. Nope, while Kilgus's posts show an accurate portrayal of the man, my reasons for being unwilling to support him or his company go far beyond what has been posted publicly in this forum. You con portray the situation as me "holding a grudge" all you want, but that does not change the fact that I would be an absolute fool to give money to a company that treated a customer the way Salient treated me and others.

But I'm done fighting over this nonsense. The people who have hate for Salient will continue to do so until they try the actual product.
Nope, as I've said, there is nothing Salient can do to win my business back after they way they treated many customers including me. Just because Chris Kilgus has learned to keep his mouth shut does not change who he is at heart. He is not someone anyone should want to do business with.

Major bummer. I was afraid of a response like this.

I hope you reconsider in the future once we have produced our first mold with Salient. I'd love to have your support going forward brother.
Jcass, Maybe I wasn't clear. I will consider buying a Scale if I see one in a brick/mortar store, and I genuinely do wish the best for you guys. But my interaction with Salient and Chris Kilgus was so overwhelmingly negative that I will never give the guy one red cent. Sorry if I sounded like I was down on your whole company, and I'm glad you were transparent about who you partnered with.

So it sounds like timing it with the GCC could be true at least for Nikko. Has anyone from Prodigy actually announced a new sponsor yet? I feel like there might be something contractual holding them all back until a certain date.

I'm pretty sure Hokom lists Legacy on her web page.

Puck, I don't know anything about your experience, but I do know you aren't a trolling/flaming type guy, and I recognize that if you have beef its for a very real and palpable reason. If you ever have a free minute, I would like to hear your experiences via PM. Salient was able to change my mind, I'd like to see what they did to make the opposite true for you.

Additionally, I suspect you'll be seeing Scales in stores rather soon ;)

Major bummer. I was afraid of a response like this.
I'm going to do my best to dispel any negative feelings towards this partnership because I truly do believe that it provides us with the ability to produce very high quality molds in some fantastic plastic blends.

I feel very strongly that by teaming up with both Gateway and Salient, RDG will be able to provide the best of both worlds in terms of base plastic and premium blends. Very few companies can provide players with elite blends in both classes and I believe that we are now able to do just that.

I hope you reconsider in the future once we have produced our first mold with Salient. I'd love to have your support going forward brother.

If people like Salient's plastic, but not their customer service ... wouldn't RDG be the perfect choice for them?

Will Salient be getting money from the Gateway molded discs? I'm guessing "no", and people that really really want to stick it to Salient can just buy the putters ...

Nikko posted earlier this week that his new sponsors would be announced "early next week"

So it sounds like timing it with the GCC could be true at least for Nikko. Has anyone from Prodigy actually announced a new sponsor yet? I feel like there might be something contractual holding them all back until a certain date.

Sarah Hokum announced she's throwing for Legacy a week or two ago.

Jcass, Maybe I wasn't clear. I will consider buying a Scale if I see one in a brick/mortar store, and I genuinely do wish the best for you guys. But my interaction with Salient and Chris Kilgus was so overwhelmingly negative that I will never give the guy one red cent. Sorry if I sounded like I was down on your whole company, and I'm glad you were transparent about who you partnered with.

Puck, I would like to be informed of how I mistreated you personally? Seriously I would like to know so I can try to make amends for something that has obviously weighed heavily on you for awhile based off of your repeated negative and borderline slanderous comments.

Secondly the type of person I am is the type of person that has spent the majority of my life in medical school to serve the injured and ill. I work more hours a week than most can count helping people that may or may not want to be helped. I will also mention that myself or my partner have not paid ourself one cent for the past two years in efforts to bring more affordable products to the forefront. If you continue to believe that I am the devil reincarnate then you are sadly mistaken.

I would appreciate it if you are going to use my full name then please let me know your real name so I can personally reach out you and apologize. Publicly I'm trying to make amends and if this is something you are not interested in then I ask that you put your negative comments to rest so that every thread that anyone mentions Salient is not filled with the same negativity.

I have nothing else to offer other than a truce and apology to yourself and anyone else. I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to send me a PM so we can move forward once and for all.

Last edited:
So with the Top tier talent starting to spread itself out over the different companies are there any newer guys to the tour that could make a big impact this year. The nice thing about people switching sponsors is that it gives some of the unknown guys or lesser known guys a chance to step up.

So with the Top tier talent starting to spread itself out over the different companies are there any newer guys to the tour that could make a big impact this year. The nice thing about people switching sponsors is that it gives some of the unknown guys or lesser known guys a chance to step up.

How so?

Unless you are expecting that with the top guys changing sponsors their game will drop off significantly, what they throw shouldn't have any major bearing on a "new" guy beating them on any given day.

If anything - I would think that having more top pros getting better deals they will be at more events and make it harder for the new guys to break through.

How so?

Unless you are expecting that with the top guys changing sponsors their game will drop off significantly, what they throw shouldn't have any major bearing on a "new" guy beating them on any given day.

If anything - I would think that having more top pros getting better deals they will be at more events and make it harder for the new guys to break through.

I look at it the opposite way...with talent being spread accross a number of more companies than in the past, sponsors can offer all of their atheltes better deals. Its just like any other sport, as it grows the opotunities for emerging talent increase.

How so?

I wasn't looking at it from the standpoint that the current top pros would fall off. More along the lines that with spots being open on teams that someone new might have a chance to step in and make an impact on tour. With most other sports you have minor leagues or college to view new talent that could make it big in the pros. With this sport its more word of mouth and forum posting that gets people noticed.

Can someone give me a TLDR version of the Salient drama about the Prometheus? Just curious.

Can someone give me a TLDR version of the Salient drama about the Prometheus? Just curious.

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I recall the disc not being as advertised. Salients response was to put the blame on the customers and told them their technique was bad or they didn't know what they were talking about. I remember also that someone posted a negative review on a webpage and Salient attempted to cover it up with allegedly artificial reviews. Similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Salient-Catalyst-Backpack-20-25-Capacity/product-reviews/B00I127ESA

Feel free to pour out all the dismey and hate as you all can, I sincerely hope the best for people who are trying to turn things around. Heaven forbid if second chances weren't given.

Yes, there's a lot of black eyes to sort out.
Yes, there's a lot of bad things that had/have to be ironed out.

No, not everyone knows every situation like they think they do, I've seen some things first hand that makes my impression of Chris decent.

The thing that happened "on their own site", which was deleted "by the mods", was a guy that obviously didn't know what he signed up for, he got EXACTLY what they offered, and he thought he was gyped. It got worked out and there was no reason to keep it up.

I too, encourage Chris to keep behind the scenes, let Scott and Hilary continue to do great work. Let the company continue to offer some great things. I hope that Jamie's relationship with their company strengthens as well, I wish nothing but good things for them.

From my view, I handle relationships with most major manufacturers, and I have nothing bad to say about Salient from my own experience.

As a TD, any company that is willing to go out on a limb, and offer pure consignment, is a huge bonus. No one else has officially stepped up online to promote that.

So yeah, to wrap it up, they'd had a hard start, much of that self-inflicted, beat the guy while he's down, go for it. In the meantime, I hope they continue to make strides and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts