• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Anyone have any insight into Will's 'struggles' this year?

Hard to knock one of the top players in the game, but I enjoy the Prodigy/Innova rivalry, real or imagined, and it's better when Will is threatening...besides the BSF, it seems he hasn't been able to hang around close enough in the big events.

Hard to knock one of the top players in the game, but I enjoy the Prodigy/Innova rivalry, real or imagined, and it's better when Will is threatening...besides the BSF, it seems he hasn't been able to hang around close enough in the big events.

I hear it's his shoe game....

WHAT ARE THOSE!?!?!?!?!

But seriously... he just hasn't done much other than USDGC for the past few years.

With will it's usually putting

I know they were around May, or at least living and traveling together. I followed a card Paul was on and we chit chatted a little though the round. During the season he said they live with Will in Tennessee. Unless something has happened since then, they are together.

Like sands through the hourglass.....

The landing zone is so small there and the OB all the way along the right left side. You would have to throw 630-660 exactly on a hyzer AND stick it on the hill. For what gain? Maybe a putt at a 2 but probably a (conservatively)99% chance you would be re-teeing throwing 3.

a Lefty Hyzer. I doubt its even possible with a righty anny to hit that hill and stick without crashing through the woods and getting incredibly lucky...probably a 1/500 kind of shot.

The only lefty I can think of who has that distance is Keith Warren and he would probably need a few tries.

From the many videos I've watched I would agree with that. Will's putting seems to go from one extreme to the other- either he's hitting everything or missing everything.

That hitch really hurts his putting.

Alex Geisinger bombing it at the distance event. I'd like to think that my comfortable guest bed had something to do with it. Think he clocked around 750 lamenting that his practice drives traveled over 800. WTH! Flat ground, NOT in the desert salt flats.

Not flat at all. His and Simons drives go down a hill to the right.

A 60 was carded in the performance flight. Hot hot hot.

what are the red and blue numbers in the caddy book?

OK I'm dumb. what are the red and blue numbers in the caddy book? I'm too tired/dumb to figure out what distances each is...

What about Big Jerm with a flick? Or fire up the flux capacitor and get Scott Stokely from 15 years ago.

From what I can find, the world record sidearm is around 620 feet (and probably in a desert situation). Certainly long enough to reach 18's green, but doubtful it can be thrown with the accuracy needed to hit what amounts to a postage stamp of a green. I doubt any of the biggest sidearm throwers in the game can actually dial up world record distance and hit the green.

We're talking about a throw that has to cover more than 600 feet in the air and slightly climb a hill to get there. And with a RHFH/LHBH flight, it has to carry the length of the necessary distance and then turn into the opening to the basket. So it arguably is a longer throw than an anhyzer/turnover RHBH throw.

Just saw where SpinTV uploaded first round interviews with a bunch of players and looking through the thumbnails everybody is smiling except McBeth, dude looks like he wants to merc some fools.

How is the live scoring this messed up? Almost every scorecard has some eagle, even an albatross for Cam Lincoln, that is nearly impossible.

So how can we trust any of the scores on live scoring today? Except for twitter, that's showing factual scores realtime better than this thing/app. So far twitter is the best media for this event...and mobile phones...

I want to follow it as close to real time as possible but this may deter me from even using pdga/usdgc websites

All of these problems could be solved it we could jusssst watch live coverage...

As for throwing left over the lake on 18:

The only lefty I can think of who has that distance is BennettUA and he would probably need two tries.

FTFY :D:D:D

We're talking about a throw that has to cover more than 600 feet in the air and slightly climb a hill to get there. And with a RHFH/LHBH flight, it has to carry the length of the necessary distance and then turn into the opening to the basket. So it arguably is a longer throw than an anhyzer/turnover RHBH throw.

Even if you make it through the gap(and the trees are thick), it's still likely an awkward uphill putt to hope for a two. The risk doesn't seem worth the reward when you're most likely going to card a three anyway and now have a huge risk of adding OB strokes.

There is a reason that no one tries for the green on 18.

It's not worth it. The putt would be impossible as well.

Latest posts