• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

And the fact that he instantly responded back joking on Facebook. Leads me to believe he was not far away.

Question on attendance. Like a lot of people I'm only going to be able to head there on Saturday. The schedule says Round 4 starts at 8:40. Is that when the final groupings will go off and it will be over at lunch time? Or will it take a while throughout the day. Just trying to figure out if I need to be there by 8 or so to figure out where I'm going, etc. Hoping to be able to see at least some of the final group.

I appreciate any advice, knowledge on tourney logistics, etc.

Question on attendance. Like a lot of people I'm only going to be able to head there on Saturday. The schedule says Round 4 starts at 8:40. Is that when the final groupings will go off and it will be over at lunch time? Or will it take a while throughout the day. Just trying to figure out if I need to be there by 8 or so to figure out where I'm going, etc. Hoping to be able to see at least some of the final group.

8:40 is probably the first tee time of the day. You definitely don't need to be there for that, unless you happen to know someone in that group.

The top cards probably won't go out before 1pm. If I remember right, the lead card teed off at 2pm last year. I'd say if you want to get there early so as to watch more golf and take in the atmosphere before the big show starts, getting there for noon should suit your needs.

They post tee times for each day the night before, so if there's a specific player you want to see, or if the schedule changes at all, you'll know with enough time to adjust your plans if necessary.

8:40 is probably the first tee time of the day. You definitely don't need to be there for that, unless you happen to know someone in that group.

The top cards probably won't go out before 1pm. If I remember right, the lead card teed off at 2pm last year. I'd say if you want to get there early so as to watch more golf and take in the atmosphere before the big show starts, getting there for noon should suit your needs.

They post tee times for each day the night before, so if there's a specific player you want to see, or if the schedule changes at all, you'll know with enough time to adjust your plans if necessary.
That's great information. Thanks.

I'd prefer to get there early to walk the course and watch some good players play it without a big crowd. Then I can try a make my way around with the final group perhaps.

Can anyone confirm if Barry Schultz is playing? Lots of talk that he is but he is not on the list.

He's eligible (qualified at the HOF Classic). And all qualified players get 30 days to register after they qualify, which hasn't expired for him so he still has time to sign up. He could very well do it in person, if he hasn't already since he lives close by, so he might not show up on the online lists.

Where do they post the tee times?
guessing usdgc.com but not seeing anywhere for this to go on the site

Where do they post the tee times?
guessing usdgc.com but not seeing anywhere for this to go on the site

USDGC.com usually has a big link on the front page when times are posted. Also, the results page at PDGA.com will usually have them as well.

They announce the first round groupings and tee times at the players' meeting on Tuesday night, then post them online shortly afterwards. If you follow the USDGC on any of the usual social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc), they post on those as soon as the tee times are up.

That's great information. Thanks.

I'd prefer to get there early to walk the course and watch some good players play it without a big crowd. Then I can try a make my way around with the final group perhaps.

I really do not enjoy anything with big crowds, so I'll usually go with the second and third groups on the last day. Much more relaxed and easygoing interactions.
The second and third groups are usually far enough away from the Lead that they'll unwind a little and enjoy the moment. They know they've got a good paycheck coming, but they're not (always) trying to win.

The performance flight will be playing in the morning, which is mostly amatuers. Pro's won't start teeing off until later. It's fun to go early and check the course out, but the good players to spectate won't be out for a while

i have a question for some of you USDGC vets .. Im heading up Wednesday solo to follow some of the cards but im also going up early to secure teetimes for a group of us for Sunday.. i was curious if anyone knew if there was a limit to the number of people/cards one person can register for sunday? I assume that as long as i have the cash i can get as many times as i want but wanted to try and confirm so i knew if someone else would need to register our second card??? We have 8 people coming with us and hoping that one person can buy 2 times for cards of four

For anyone in town today for USDGC, don't miss the special edition of Charlotte Putting League, 6:00 tonight at Sugar Creek Brewery. Random doubles with $1,000 added cash on top of regular payout. Major league fun.

Attachments

• PLX.$1000.jpg
    PLX.$1000.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 44
For anyone in town today for USDGC, don't miss the special edition of Charlotte Putting League, 6:00 tonight at Sugar Creek Brewery. Random doubles with $1,000 added cash on top of regular payout. Major league fun.

1. Who the ^*&% is throwing in $1000 added cash for a putting league?

2. What the ^#$& is an ace pool in a putting league?

Ace Pool is a longish shot (60-90 ft) that everyone gets one chance at.

My guess is the majority of the added cash is actually the small profit from each week rolled together for the big payout.

$500 added cash from the Sugar Creek Brewery (where putting league is held). $250 from Final Round Radio (podcast). $250 from BetterDiscgolfer.com (they guy who runs the putting league).

$500 added cash from the Sugar Creek Brewery (where putting league is held). $250 from Final Round Radio (podcast). $250 from BetterDiscgolfer.com (they guy who runs the putting league).

And that's on top of the regular, substantial payout. From the announcement:

HUGE PAYOUT: We've got a record-breaking $1,000 in added cash. That's added on to the standard 30% deep payout. First place will get $450 added per team plus standard payout, 2nd will get $200+ and every team in the final 8 bracket will get at LEAST $50+.

Qualifying round scores?

If history is any indicator, we won't see scores during the day unless individual players/spectators post them. Officially, all we're likely to get is an announcement at the end of the day naming the five qualifiers and their scores.

Latest posts