• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

Player pack is pretty sick. Voodoo Juju bag, stuffed with 9 discs. Nalgene stuffed with coupons and swag, Wasp tooled Buzzz mini, Keen 50% coupon, 10% off Zuca cart coupon, Prodigy hat, poster, and a shirt coming from Innova tomorrow.

Player pack is pretty sick. Voodoo Juju bag, stuffed with 9 discs. Nalgene stuffed with coupons and swag, Wasp tooled Buzzz mini, Keen 50% coupon, 10% off Zuca cart coupon, Prodigy hat, poster, and a shirt coming from Innova tomorrow.
Where do we pick up the shirts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Both Brandon Aycock from Sand Springs, OK and Scott Halverson from Appleton, WI aced the 226-foot seventh hole at the Bird's Ruins DGC this morning, congratulations to them! :clap:

I missed the fly mart the other night, anyone know how I can grab some of the am world discs? Do they have tents set up at the courses you can buy them at.

Anyone know why the leader board on PDGAlivescoring does not have all the players listed?

Live scoring is available for any card in the tournament (and any PDGA tournament, for that matter), but someone has to be willing to do the scoring via cell phone. Am Worlds participants were offered live scoring for any card that wanted it, but unless the there was a caddy or spectator walking with the card, most participants didn't want to bother with it, and rightly so.

Anyone know why the leader board on PDGAlivescoring does not have all the players listed?

The only live scoring is being done by various players or caddy's for just the card they are on, no live scoring for any other cards unless someone from each card is entering scores as they go.

Both Henry Dissell from Montevideo, MN and Hayden Mueller from right here in Madison, WI aced the 259-foot fourteenth hole at the Hiestand course this morning, congratulations to them! :clap:

So appearantly there was an epic cluster with one of the junior pools yesterday. Appearantly a group played the wrong teepad, which was noticed by the group behind them. A 40 minute delay ensued while the course marshalls decided what to do, which was not penalize that group and tell everyone else to just play the same (wrong) teepad. That is the story i was told anyway, and if true I'm genuinely shocked that the marshalls could mess up such a simple ruling that badly.

Other than the fact that this issue concerned one Junior pool, every piece of information you just posted is 100% factually incorrect.

The only live scoring is being done by various players or caddy's for just the card they are on, no live scoring for any other cards unless someone from each card is entering scores as they go.

Thanks everyone. I guess someone on my buddies card did the scoring thing today.

Other than the fact that this issue concerned one Junior pool, every piece of information you just posted is 100% factually incorrect.

Fair enough. I tried to phrase it to be clear that I didn't know the story for a fact. Care to elaborate?

Quick question some of you might be able to answer quickly. I know the top 72 players in ma1 make it to semis, but what if there is a 9 way tie for 66th? Would the whole group make it for a 74 player semis or is there a tiebreaker rule to keep it at 72? Didn't see anything real quick on that.
That is the boat I'm in ATM - tied for 66th but one of 2 people still in b pool after the shuffle. Just wondering how it's dealt with for semis.

They usually have playoffs for the semi spots at the end of each division's final round on Friday in the event there are ties for the last spot(s). However, I'm thinking they might advance everyone in your example because the tied players may be in different pools just for Advanced MA1.

Last edited:
I gotta say, Bird's Ruin is absolutely one of the most beautifully fearsome courses I've played, especially with the wind. Well done, indeed. It has a good mix of wooded holes, but the real attraction is that more than half the course laid in waist-deep, heavily penal, historic mesic prairie filled with the most gorgeous wildflowers I've ever seen in one place (look close to see the fairway bunnies).

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0139 (1).jpg
    IMG_0139 (1).jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 69