• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Am Worlds - Madison, Wi

I love Birds Ruins but I have not seen the 27 hole layout. They were still putting the last 9 in during Mad City Open.

The new holes don't add a lot. Mostly just more places to lose your disc in the deep rough. the first wooded hole is ok, though.

I gotta say, Bird's Ruin is absolutely one of the most beautifully fearsome courses I've played, especially with the wind. Well done, indeed. It has a good mix of wooded holes, but the real attraction is that more than half the course laid in waist-deep, heavily penal, historic mesic prairie filled with the most gorgeous wildflowers I've ever seen in one place (look close to see the fairway bunnies).

That is gorgeous from a natural standpoint, but looks like a disc-eating nightmare from a player's standpoint. Keep it in the fairway, right??

The new holes don't add a lot. Mostly just more places to lose your disc in the deep rough. the first wooded hole is ok, though.

Yeah...I've played the new holes 4 times now. I'm not sure how to feel about them.

They all look really, really nice (like everything at Birds), but the golf is kinda meh. Too many of the new holes are deuce or die. Actually, all of them at the current pin positions.

Yeah...I've played the new holes 4 times now. I'm not sure how to feel about them.

They all look really, really nice (like everything at Birds), but the golf is kinda meh. Too many of the new holes are deuce or die. Actually, all of them at the current pin positions.
I agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

WTH is up with the ratings? I have been following the scores in boys J3 because a couple local kids are there. The ratings for the 3rd round has changed at least 3 times. The first time I saw the leaders score last night it said 976, then this morning it said 874, now it says 980?...

I think the unofficial ratings process is finally fixed. It turns out the scorekeeper needs to duplicate pool letters so courses get assigned properly to the pools who played them that round. So as soon as the Advanced pool had to go to two letters to keep track of the shuffle, all of the other non-shuffled pools needed to have their pool letters duplicated such as G going to GG and J going to JJ. Hopefully, that's now locked in. In addition, the A pool played Cap Springs this morning for their R3 which is the same course as I & J juniors played yesterday in their R3. So the A pool scores just got mixed with the I & J scores from yesterday to revise their R3 ratings.

Live scoring is available for any card in the tournament (and any PDGA tournament, for that matter), but someone has to be willing to do the scoring via cell phone. Am Worlds participants were offered live scoring for any card that wanted it, but unless the there was a caddy or spectator walking with the card, most participants didn't want to bother with it, and rightly so.

Is there someone who went to the little lesson on pdgalive's scoring that can tell us/show us how to do it? I mean a wouldn't having written or video instruction be a good thing?

That is gorgeous from a natural standpoint, but looks like a disc-eating nightmare from a player's standpoint. Keep it in the fairway, right??

For sure. Good groups and spotters make a big difference. The fact that so many players have been tromping thru there this week help a lot.

I really enjoyed birds ruins, even if it is kind of a wierd style of course compared to what I'm used to playing. I thought the 9 new holes were fine, if not outstanding. 2 of the wooded holes are great.

I love Birds Ruins but I have not seen the 27 hole layout. They were still putting the last 9 in during Mad City Open.

I think Bird's Ruins is my least favorite of the courses this week... a lot of the new holes are short holes where the waist high grass is the only "obstacle"

I agree that the original 18 is fun though!

Is there going to be any video coverage of the semis or finals? I want to see MA1 of course but I'd be really interested in Junior II & III.

Did they do anything interesting with Capital Springs to make it more difficult for this tourney?

They've recently planted trees in the middle of a number of fairways. They are still fairly small, but do add an element of shot shaping.

Is there going to be any video coverage of the semis or finals? I want to see MA1 of course but I'd be really interested in Junior II & III.

Lesli Todd has gone "Facebook Live" a few times with some of the Jr. cards. Madison Walker and Paige Pierce have been following around Jr. cards, but I don't think I've seen any video from them. Maybe some pictures on Facebook.

I know Terry Miller/DG Guy has been in the area, but it didn't sound like he had much time for footage as of yesterday. Maybe some late round coverage though?

The live feed of the juniors final hole was just on. A local girl won her division by "this many" strokes. ;)

Lesli Todd has gone "Facebook Live" a few times with some of the Jr. cards. Madison Walker and Paige Pierce have been following around Jr. cards, but I don't think I've seen any video from them. Maybe some pictures on Facebook.

I know Terry Miller/DG Guy has been in the area, but it didn't sound like he had much time for footage as of yesterday. Maybe some late round coverage though?

They've not only been following the Junior cards, they've been playing as markers with the under 8 girl and under 6 boy because they didn't have enough players to give them a three some. What a thrill for Virginia and Landon to get to play rounds with two great ambassadors for the game, let alone a 3X World Champ.

The only live scoring is being done by various players or caddy's for just the card they are on, no live scoring for any other cards unless someone from each card is entering scores as they go.
It's a cool feature, but really too much work if there's not a caddy/spotter...I did it 1st round but couldn't bother with it after that

Latest posts