• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 in the bag. Hole-filler suggestions welcome

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 9 total, 3 competitively
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: left-handed
Throwing Style: LHBH 70%, LHFH 20%, thumbers/tomahawks 10%
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: putter: avg 200/max 250 mid: avg 250/max 300 driver: avg 325/max 400

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, bowling
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: i like that almost all of my discs are pink, and I like that I pretty much know all of my discs inside and out. I dislike that I don't currently carry an understable mid range

Specific areas of desired feedback: fill holes in my bag that I might be overlooking. I'm aware that I need an understable mid range (I have a prodigy M4 out of the bag that I need to put back in)
Immediate and long-term goals: immediate goals include working on my form to maximize weight transfer and power to the disc, while also improving accuracy and consistency. Long term goals include becoming consistent enough to be competitive in higher divisions (I currently compete in Rec division).

My Current Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use)*:

*I am currently at work without access to my bag, so at the time of this post, all weights and plastics are taken from memory. I will update as much as possible at a later time. Most of my discs are in the 165-170 gram weight, with a few exceptions.

167-169 Z Flick: Sky hyzers, quick turns, thumbers

??? FLX or ESP? Predator: shots that need to turn right around 150' out, forehand shots, thumbers, and occasionally a forehand roller

??? Star? Katana: hyzer flip to flat with decent glide and a predictable fade. Occasionally I either release this disc too flat or with too much power or both, and it will turn over and never come back

??? ESP Crank: great disc for bomber S curve shots

??? ? Felon: primarily used for forehand rollers, I will occasionally use it for hard turns (BH or FH) 250'+

??? ? Destroyer: traded a player for this disc. Only used it a few times, not comfortable throwing it yet and not sure what to use it for.

167-169 Z Undertaker: picked this up a few weeks ago for disc cash from a tournament, and it is quickly becoming a go-to driver. High speed stable with tons of glide and a slow slight fade at the end. Adding a bit more power to this disc will turn it over for a slight left shot, but still stable enough to not fly too far off the intended path.

??? Z Mantis: used for control drives with medium power for a laser straight shot. Too much power on this disc causes it to turn over and nose dive into the ground.

??? Z Nuke SS: I use this disc for hyzer flip turnover shots when I need a soft left turn. I also use it for tomahawks.

157 ? Avenger SS: this disc is super beat in, and I only use it for backhand rollers. I throw it on an extreme hyzer and it will flip over almost 180 degrees and land on the rim.

Mids:
??? ? Justice: perfect for quick right turns (BH) or 200' forehand shots that need to finish left. Great disc for skip shots.

167-169 Z buzzz OS: another disc I picked up a few weeks ago that is staying in my bag indefinitely. Put lots of power behind it for a 250' drive with a medium/hard right at the end

??? Z buzzz (2): most reliable mid range with a laser straight flight and slight fade at the end. I carry two in case I lose one during a round.

Putters:
??? Soft or medium (not sure) dagger (2): used for uphold 150' and in. Straight with a slight fade at the end. I carry one new and one beat in, because I feel more comfortable putting farther away with a new putter, and from closer in with a worn in putter. It's just my personal preference and a bit of superstition.

??? Medium or hard (not sure) Wizard: mainly used for anny upshots, this disc will always turn over a small amount and never fade back.

Those are all the discs currently in my bag. With the exception of 3 discs, everything else has stayed the same for the last couple years. I've grown comfortable with these discs and find it hard at the point to stray away from the norm. However, if anyone has suggestions for a disc I'm missing out on, please feel free to let me know. Thanks for reading.

That Destroyer should be pretty OS or at least OS enough for long FH shots or at least semi straight flying FHs. Get a Rhyno for FH putts, and as it beats in it will become a get out of jail disc. You should find something to fit in between your Buzzzes and Mantis, I suggest a TeeBird, Eagle, Stalker, Zombee, Etc.

Latest posts