• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Not checking your scorecard after winning the Memorial is even better than not marking your discs. What are the odds of Ricky's next ITB having him mention where he keeps his Sharpie?

^^^me too. If I had to name a "role model" disc golf-wise for me, then it would hands down be him. And I want to see someone challenge Climo for best ever and right now it's not even close. Being in his mid 20s, the beast has the best shot at it. So yea, I'm pulling for mcbeast

Just wondering, if neither disc was marked and identical in everyway and they couldn't see where they landed, ie: no way to know which disc is whose. Shouldn't they both be treated as lost discs? are they allowed by the rules to just decide between them which disc is in fact theirs?

LOST....really, that's your solution?

So I just woke up from a nap because watching disc golf literally puts me to sleep. And she just told me. Paul mcbeth looks like he's a douche, I said I didn't think he was. Then she said he was trying to get them in trouble for their discs not marked, or faintly marked. And wouldn't let it go for like 3 holes?

What hole/time was the marked disc talk about on?

Hole 9 was when the incident occurred.

Watching Nikko keep his composure on hole 12 after two tough misses, makes me think he has a good chance this year. It looks like his attitude is finally changing.

No, it should have been a 2 stroke penalty per rule 801.02 E & F.:

E. A player who throws an illegal disc during play shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning. A player who repeatedly throws an illegal disc during the round may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.3 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

F. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked. A player shall receive a warning for the first instance of throwing an unmarked disc. Each subsequent throw by the player with an unmarked disc shall incur one penalty throw.

I think the proximity of these two rules in the book indicates that an unmarked disc is illegal. Therefore, no warning.

Ladies and gentlemen, Lionel Hutz, Esq. is in the house.

simpsons-lionel-hutz.jpg

"and nikko is taking all 3min of his 30seconds..." Terry

rofl

Just noticed the timer on Nikko's putt on hole 17. Was that really necessary to have in the broadcast? Did anybody else get the timer? Borderline unprofessional.

Still love the work Terry and the team are doing. Thanks! :clap:

Ps: Ricky flipping the disc for ID purposes is allowed by pdga rule 803.07c.

Thus no penalty. Retroactive strokes for throwing an unmarked disc? That's a bag o' worms worth some good fishing.

So today's coverage by smashboxx was without a doubt the best live coverage I've watched from them (although I still fell asleep, right when the "identifiable disc" part happened).

Terry's commentary was good and his co-commentators were fantastic I thought. The new guy was very professional and polished. And I still feel Dixon Jowers is quite possibly the best disc golf commentator I've heard of recent years. :thmbup:

Also, the dual, picture in picture coverage and bounce back n forths in coverage between top card mpo and fpo was fantastic. Lessened the dead time, and/or the excessive commercials seen in other dgpt and dgwt in other coverages. allot of us are interested in fpo division, but, don't want to miss out on the truly epic back and forth by Ricky and Paul. So kudos to you and your team making that happen, really hope to see that become the norm really.

I even watched an after show that I liked ;) I thought the guest in Drew and Steve were great. Imo much better than the normal smashboxx podcast conversations between Terry and John and attempts at what can allot of times come across as corny conversation and bad jokes imo.

Way to go smashboxx. Knocked it out of the park today! Really well done.

Just noticed the timer on Nikko's putt on hole 17. Was that really necessary to have in the broadcast? Did anybody else get the timer? Borderline unprofessional.

Still love the work Terry and the team are doing. Thanks! :clap:

I'd love to see it more often! lol...

All these posts of people saying it is a 2 stroke penalty, and 801.02 F is in their quote.

#growthesport

No, it should have been a 2 stroke penalty per rule 801.02 E & F.:

E. A player who throws an illegal disc during play shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning. A player who repeatedly throws an illegal disc during the round may be subject to disqualification in accordance with Section 3.3 of the PDGA Competition Manual.

F. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked. A player shall receive a warning for the first instance of throwing an unmarked disc. Each subsequent throw by the player with an unmarked disc shall incur one penalty throw.

LOL! 801.02 F is the only rule in play here. If Ricky and Devan were throwing Gateway Ninjas all tournament then E comes into play.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Latest posts