• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Aussie Open DGWT Event Discussion

Not sure it makes sense when you consider when it would air in the U.S. and Scandinavia.

You know we have to get up at 3am to watch nfl games...im sure coverage starting at 10-12pm at night on the weekend would be a good thing! Esp in winter

Last edited:
I work to help pay for my course and the work I do on it when Im not at my day job.

Sadly with so many pros coming 'down under' none seem open to travelling to courses to promote the sport and try a new challenge...even with transport and accomodation taken care off. Outside of Perth this event isnt impacting the rest of us at all...with nz a week later half are leaving right away.

What is the phesibility of having back to back events there? It would be cheaper for the players that play, to stay for both and not leave in between. The 2 concerns that I can think of are:
1. Will less players show because the overall cost will be a little more?
2. What are the logistics of hosting a second tourney there?

I work to help pay for my course and the work I do on it when Im not at my day job.

Sadly with so many pros coming 'down under' none seem open to travelling to courses to promote the sport and try a new challenge...even with transport and accomodation taken care off. Outside of Perth this event isnt impacting the rest of us at all...with nz a week later half are leaving right away.

You should write Innova. While there are plenty that like to harsh on the company, they've worked hard at supporting the international game from day one. If anyone was going to support a pro to travel there, it would be them. Keep in mind, what else is on the four after Australia? Gentlemen's? What is the lead time?

Last, I know Paige and her travel partner are vacationing some. You should get on her social media and see if she'd be willing to sightsee, run a clinic.

You should write Innova. While there are plenty that like to harsh on the company, they've worked hard at supporting the international game from day one. If anyone was going to support a pro to travel there, it would be them. Keep in mind, what else is on the four after Australia? Gentlemen's? What is the lead time?

Last, I know Paige and her travel partner are vacationing some. You should get on her social media and see if she'd be willing to sightsee, run a clinic.

Paige would be great, one of our pet cows is named after her (the other is Hollie, and a calf is Sarah)...so would love her to come here.

The NZ open is a week after so a number are leaving right away to head there...the rest who knows.

Paige would be great, one of our pet cows is named after her (the other is Hollie, and a calf is Sarah)...so would love her to come here.

The NZ open is a week after so a number are leaving right away to head there...the rest who knows.

BTW, PP's traveling partner, you'd think I'd know her name, has a degree in marine biology. They are going to see the barrier.

Getting excited about the Aussie open. Remembering back two years I have fond memories of watching Paul and Simon light it up down under. It's great to be able to watch coverage of the MPO mid winter even if it's not live. I love watching the big dogs airing it out this early in the season and most all our big throwing Americans are heading down under. Can't wait!

Hasn't Jomez Productions been confirmed to be covering the event (presumably under the SpinTV umbrella)? Thus I'd expect next day edited coverage of the lead card at the very least.

See, this is the reason you should treat the smart guys nice. They answer questions.

Thanks Ian.

:thmbup:

Hasn't Jomez Productions been confirmed to be covering the event (presumably under the SpinTV umbrella)? Thus I'd expect next day edited coverage of the lead card at the very least.

This is correct.

Especially for being on the opposite side of the world getting next day coverage is pretty good. Great to see Jomez getting involved production quality should be great.

Confirmed? What the hell kind of airline is that? Cancelled flight, and next one in a week?? I dont know the regulations that apply there but that kind of timeline would sure not stand in the EU for example. The airline would be legally required to re-route them or fly them with another airline, whatever it takes.

All I care about is whether he will change 13 and 18, or have the courage to call them par 2s.

attachment.php

Nice graphs man. Funny to see the very slight upcurve towards the end for bogeys on 13. Probably just to do randomness of the small size of population. (not that many players at that end). Funny that also bogeys supersede pars on 18 the higher you go, but that is easily explained by the island green. More people going for it, whereas lower rated players will likely play safe going for the par 3.

Disc Golf World Tour sekä Nikko Locastro.
4 min ·
The 2017 Disc Golf World Tour kicks off in 9 days at the Aussie Open! Last year we introduced this little thing that proved out to be very popular, so here it is again - Feature Card Fan Vote!
Now's your chance to decide who will play on the feature card in the first round of the Aussie Open. Paul McBeth was held a spot on this card as the reigning Aussie Open Champion from 2015, but due to some unfortunate events, he won't be able to participate in this year's Aussie Open.

DGWT seems to have it official now. MEGA BUMMER !!1!