• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Beaver State Fling - Amateur Lottery is now open.

Yeah he's phenomenal, can throw a mile and has a solid upshot game. I think once he starts touring more and more and gets more experience under his belt he'll just continue dominating. Hole 3 from the round 1 coverage holy hell that was brutal, and I love watching Philo putt. When he's on he's just lights out.

Ian, did you guys get new cameras or something? This coverage is so crisp. :thmbup:

TY! This year we picked up another Sony PXW-X70 so we have one for catch and throw cam. They're fantastic cameras for filming DG. We also brought Brian Guice and his Sony FS7 for the juicy slow mo :)

Bummer he had back issues. He tried to tough it out. But that must have been next to impossible.

Great footage ccdg!!

Is this the bsf tournament talk thread btw? Lol

Bummer he had back issues. He tried to tough it out. But that must have been next to impossible.

Great footage ccdg!!

Is this the bsf tournament talk thread btw? Lol

Haha apparently it is! And seeing him in that much pain, not even being able to bend down to get his mini, that was rough.

Echo the sentiments for CCDG. Another high-quality effort on the RD1 MPO lead card.

I must say, however, that I'm a little bummed about the media strategy for BSF. For a NT event, and one of the best tournaments of the year, I was hoping for RD1-RD4 coverage of two MPO cards and one FPO card featuring the game's top talent. FPO was spot on with lead card pairing and Jomez, however MPO pairings were irking. Don't get me wrong, Philo and Nate were solid picks, and Kyle is a fantastic player...but Kyle is only a regional name, and Dustin has been battling injury.

It was also frustrating seeing Terry post RD2 chase card coverage before CCDG finished publishing RD1 lead card. It completely spoils the intrigue of the event when outcomes are shown before the viewer has a chance to finish RD1.

This year, there seems to be a rush to post round coverage. It's worked for the most part, but a slower sequential roll-out would have been best for an event of this caliber.

I think, and this again is my opinion, that Terry was rushing to get something about before CCDG did. BUT, the production quality and commentary on Ian and Jomez's videos is unparrelelled in the sport. However there's also the PDGA live scoring...so video isn't the only way that spoils the intrigue. Just gotta ground yourself from watching or looking at scoring if that ruins it. And I'm not certain but I think BSF always goes with a different method for picking cards and who's on them. Media/fans don't always get a say so.

Talk about first world problems. Remember when there was no such thing as video coverage of tournaments (like 3-4 years ago)? Now apparently it's coming out too fast and in the wrong order? Yeesh. :)

We are talking about three separate film crews all working on their own. Sure, they coordinate in terms of who they cover so there's no overlap, but they have to coordinate when their videos are released now too? I guess I'm still at the point of being appreciative that the videos exist at all, let alone that we can watch them as the tournament is on-going. I still recall waiting 5-6 months for coverage of the Worlds Final 9 to be edited and released...on VHS.

Love watching the FPO and wish there were more coverage. So many of the players there I root for hoping they will do well. Jomez did an OUTSTANDING job with beautiful footage. Did anyone notice that Pierce would be in the 18th place in the MPO? She is amazing to watch! Hopefully more ladies will learn from her in the near future. :thmbup:

Terry wasn't racing CCDG or Jomez. Terry doesn't want to fall behind a day because he has all sorts of other crap going on. So if he gets a day behind, it completely affects the next few days being a one man crew.

And BSF has always had a hands off approach to the media. They don't really care what happens.

And I THINK that this year CCDG had priority on lead MPO, the PDGA helped out Jomez to cover FPO, and Terry got an outside sponsor to help him get to Oregon.

I am just glad we have all the coverage.

Watching Jomez' coverage with Paige and Madison commentating was awesome. I don't recall ever hearing two women together, and it was very refreshing. They bring a whole new perspective on the course, and shots...plus it's so fun to hear them laughing and having a good time. :)

Terry wasn't racing CCDG or Jomez. Terry doesn't want to fall behind a day because he has all sorts of other crap going on. So if he gets a day behind, it completely affects the next few days being a one man crew.

And BSF has always had a hands off approach to the media. They don't really care what happens.

And I THINK that this year CCDG had priority on lead MPO, the PDGA helped out Jomez to cover FPO, and Terry got an outside sponsor to help him get to Oregon.

I am just glad we have all the coverage.

Terry also has a different mission statement than Jomez and CCDG. Gawk, are we actually comparing a hot video round to a commentary round? Second the glad for all the coverage.

Watching Jomez' coverage with Paige and Madison commentating was awesome. I don't recall ever hearing two women together, and it was very refreshing. They bring a whole new perspective on the course, and shots...plus it's so fun to hear them laughing and having a good time. :)

This.

Request, Paige and Madison comment on a male round, and Jerm and Nate or Uli comment on a female.

You might lose some detail knowledge about player style, but P&M are good. Jerm Uli/Nate are as good so the trade would be interesting.

Watching McBeth and Wysocki battle during R2 while waiting for them to show live coverage of the last few holes for R4.....does the weekend get any better than this :D

Wysocki's got 5 holes to get on it. That bogie certainly didn't help.

Latest posts