• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Beaver State Fling - Amateur Lottery

Cold, but very true. I'm thinkin' he must be hurt. Hope not.

A lot of times when you see a round like that, if there wasn't an injury, its a ratings manipulation. He realized he wasn't doing well, so he shot bad enough that the rating will get automatically dropped when he shoots 100 points above it. I have no idea how they ever prove this, but they could theoretically slap him with an 888 violation.

Hope he keeps it up. With that low rating, he's a hell of a pick for a fantasy roster (at least, that was my thinking when I picked him this week).

Still running! It would be way cool if he started making runs at McSocki. And no, I'm not a Will fan, I'm a good competition fan. I like McSocksterick.

A lot of times when you see a round like that, if there wasn't an injury, its a ratings manipulation. He realized he wasn't doing well, so he shot bad enough that the rating will get automatically dropped when he shoots 100 points above it. I have no idea how they ever prove this, but they could theoretically slap him with an 888 violation.

I could always see an am doing that but a traveling pro? Seems pretty unintelligent. Weirder things happen.

Was just looking at the tee times, they are splitting the field teeing groups off on holes 1 and 10.

The only way to "prove" it is if he makes it obvious enough that his card can see he's not trying, or trying to miss intentionally. I disagree with your contention that "a lot of times" a bad round like that is intentional ratings manipulation. I think it is very rare that that happens, at least with touring players (different story when we're talking local weekend warrior players).

There's just no reason for a touring pro to tank a round to make sure it gets excluded from their rating. Especially considering they are playing week in and week out and their ratings generally have 80-100+ rounds included. One poor round just isn't going to impact his rating by enough that it would ever matter. We're talking a fraction of a point change to his average at most. Simply not worth even worrying about. There's more to gain by trying to salvage the round, especially a first round, and fighting his way to the cash line than in intentionally tanking to "preserve" his rating.

Udisc is showing McBeth had a 16' putt for eagle on the genius hole! And Uli threw in a 300' eagle on hole 11!

They should always keep a camera on Uli. He always seems to come up with a super, "highlight reel" throw or two, be it an ace or a 300' eagle....

Bunch of guys out there killing it...

Mcbeth is not one of them... Top6 are a combined -46 for the round, at the moment with no bogeys.

No reason to really make another, so I guess we're just gonna hijack this thread for tourney chat.

Now I see why you got your undies twisted over someone making the other thread. Either way, nobody is paying attention to this tourney. :|