• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 2017 Trilogy Challenge discs

XXX or Trident is what you're looking for then. The XXX is the disc I use between a harp/recycled mace and a felon. Doesn't typically get a lot of throws in any given round but it does fit a utility need.

I've been meaning to pick up a XXX. Thanks. I'll have to order one up sooner than later :D

River Pro 172 opto blue - This one had a little bit or turn when thrown flat or thrown into a mild wind. Had a fairly strong and predictable fade for me. Distance was a little shorter than a Teebird or River. If you throw a flex shot with it, you can stretch it out a bit longer. I don't think there's room for it in my bag between a Felon and a Teebird. If you don't throw it all that hard, it really shows it's overstable nature and can make a good utility disc in that case.

Pine 177 VIP red - Very straight disc. Much like an Emac Truth. I'd have to throw them side by side to guage distance, but I'm guessing the Truth will have a bit more glide. The Pine might have a fraction more high speed and low speed stability. It was a very reliable thrower for me. I really love my Verdicts and Truths, so it's got stiff competition, but I'm going to give this a long hard look to see if I can fit it in the bag.

Deputy 174 grey prime - Really loved his putter. It's not too deep and felt good in the hand. It had nice glide for long approach shots and long puts. Understable flight on longer shots. I normally only use a Judge to putt with, but I think I'm going to keep this in the bag for those times when I need less fade, more glide, or something to hold a little anhyzer.

I had a good time at the TC and the discs all fit pretty well with my game. One or two might make the bag permanently.

Pine 177 VIP red - Very straight disc. Much like an Emac Truth. I'd have to throw them side by side to guage distance, but I'm guessing the Truth will have a bit more glide. The Pine might have a fraction more high speed and low speed stability. It was a very reliable thrower for me. I really love my Verdicts and Truths, so it's got stiff competition, but I'm going to give this a long hard look to see if I can fit it in the bag.

Threw the Pine in a field today with my other midranges.

The Pine didn't hold up to the wind as well as I was hoping. It wasn't as stable as my new Emac opto Truth or my seasoned opto Truth. With a mild to moderate headwind it wanted to turn on high power throws and wouldn't straighten out. The Truths were more predictable into the wind. The Pine still had a decent fade, but not quite enough to make up for the turn it was getting into the wind.

With a tailwind the Pine was very straight with more fade at the end than the Truth, but the Truth had a touch more glide and less of a harsh fade.

River Pro 171 red - this disc was too overstable for my liking. I'm a noodle arm with a max distance of 325', so this felt like a fresh champ thunderbird or even a lucid convict. Not a bad disc by any means, but won't do anything my convict or firebird won't do.

Pine 180 yellow - this disc felt good in my hands, and I felt confident every time I threw it. Good amount of glide, reliable fade, and i was able to put it on whatever line I threw it on (unless I botched the throw). I really like this disc, but I already have too much overlap on my mids as is, and I don't think it will do anything that my roc and eMac don't do.

175 deputy black - love this disc! I putt with wizards and have no intention of changing, but this was a comfortable putter and reliable putter, and I made every shot that I should have.
I think it really shines as a throwing putter. As expected, its easy to turn over and throw easy anny's. but I was surprised to find out it would hold a nice calm hyzer line if i don't throw it too hard. I will be adding one of these to my bag mainly for short turnovers, but also for putts over 50', because i can hyzer putt with this disc farther than any other disc I've tried, and no longer need to jump putt from that distance. I look awkward when I jump putt...

That being said, I have an extra deputy, and would be willing to part with my TC pack as a whole if anyone's interested.

Threw the Pine in a field today with my other midranges.

The Pine didn't hold up to the wind as well as I was hoping. It wasn't as stable as my new Emac opto Truth or my seasoned opto Truth. With a mild to moderate headwind it wanted to turn on high power throws and wouldn't straighten out. The Truths were more predictable into the wind. The Pine still had a decent fade, but not quite enough to make up for the turn it was getting into the wind.

With a tailwind the Pine was very straight with more fade at the end than the Truth, but the Truth had a touch more glide and less of a harsh fade.

Hmm, sounds like a Pain. :\

Latest posts