• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2018 Ace Race disc?

played with it some more this weekend enjoying it a lot in the woods. My son who is 14 and can throw bh about 290' but doesn't have a fh at all is loving this for turnovers.

This disc seemed to be a winner at the Ace Race we just had in Lake Stevens, WA. Easily more than half the people playing said that they were going to bag it for a while. I thought the feel was comfortable, the plastic felt great, and honestly I'm considering it as a putter. Felt really good messing around at about 30 feet! Would like to get some of these in the urban plastic blend for putting!

This disc seemed to be a winner at the Ace Race we just had in Lake Stevens, WA. Easily more than half the people playing said that they were going to bag it for a while. I thought the feel was comfortable, the plastic felt great, and honestly I'm considering it as a putter. Felt really good messing around at about 30 feet! Would like to get some of these in the urban plastic blend for putting!

Is it the diameter of a putter or a mid range?

Putter... I bag mine as a US version of the zone. It's definitely smaller radius than my buzzz which sits next to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wanting a flat top under stable shallow putter Zone SS for a while but I'm concerned this would overlap with the Meteor which is a go to disc for me. Can anyone with experience with both comment/compare?

Compared the Ace Race disc tonight to some old Discraft models and it's profile is almost exactly like a Breeze, the shoulder angle on the Breeze is maybe a degree higher and the profile a bit thinner on the Ace Race disc, diameter is bit smaller on the Ace Race also.

So it's pretty much a Breeze Jr.

powers down better then a meteor as well. More of a fast putter then a true mid IMO. I have been thinking of it as a beadless ringer.

IDK, a true mid is a speed 4-5 in my mind. I can hyzerflip this thing 280' feet. I would personally call it a true mid, it does power down very well though and can be thrown with a modified fan grip for more magical things.

yeah i have had some long hyzer flips as well. it just fit in the zone, ringer, wedge, mirage speed range to me where they are not a full mid but not a putter either. kind of a true approach disc.

I really like the disc and am bagging it

This thing reminds me of a 3-speed VIP Tursas in a lot of ways. I already bag a Deputy and a Tursas for US duties and don't think I'll be bagging this. I'll probably be giving these out to beginners, though.

Really slim profile, should be good for those with smaller hands.

I did manage to get an Ace in my event this past weekend. I'm not a big fan of the disc but it was nice to get the ace.

Interesting disc. Would be great for woods golf. Super flippy, but it bites back with the right power/height/nose angle, I found it pretty workable. It's longer than I expected on a big hyser flip.

Putter... I bag mine as a US version of the zone.
Agreed, but a very US version. Fairly close in terms of speed and general feel in the hand, but it's almost as US as the Zone is OS. I kind of think of it as the Zone's "mirror image."

Would anyone consider putting with this disc? Especially if it were in jawbreaker.
No. Too glidey. What I suppose I could try to do with it would be an XD replacement for touch US approach shots. Maybe. I haven't tested that out, but it's worth a try.

No. Too glidey. What I suppose I could try to do with it would be an XD replacement for touch US approach shots. Maybe. I haven't tested that out, but it's worth a try.

I don't have one of these but have thrown one a few times. The first thing that came to mind when I threw it was the XD. I liked the disc and would like to have one or two but I don't need anymore discs or XDs.