• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA Am Worlds--CHARLOTTE

The Final 9 course that shall be used on Saturday afternoon at Renaissance Park uses four holes from the Renske layout and five temporary holes. The priority of the local club was to get the nine courses which are being used for the 2018 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships...not the TPC course and eight other courses which are NOT being used for competition. :rolleyes:

That's good; I assumed with the new teepads all over the course, that tied into the Worlds efforts.

Hadn't been back to the website in a couple weeks, so didn't see the final 9 schedule/map.

Best of luck with all the rain!

Dumb question. . can you play junior and Am World the same year?

Just wondered why Alexis Mandujano did not play junior Worlds

Dumb question. . can you play junior and Am World the same year?

Just wondered why Alexis Mandujano did not play junior Worlds
She had already won Junior II and then the Junior I title last year, so likely just moved up.

I was the course TD at Sugaw when the FA1 ladies played their first round (Tuesday) in a 3-4 inch ugly rainfall. The same ladies played their 5th round at the same course in very good conditions; their scores were much better and they were happier. Largely they agreed with me that they will not necessarily remember their Friday round (in great conditions) very long, but will remember that heavy rainfall round for the rest of their lives. I'll bet their experience in 20-30 years will expand into 8 inches of rain with very high winds. No matter what, they were real troopers in that bad weather round.

That's good; I assumed with the new teepads all over the course, that tied into the Worlds efforts.

Hadn't been back to the website in a couple weeks, so didn't see the final 9 schedule/map.

Best of luck with all the rain!

Got 8 teepads re-done because it was basically the same cost to get a truck out and do them as to just do 3....with the non full truck delivery fee etc.

I was the course TD at Sugaw when the FA1 ladies played their first round (Tuesday) in a 3-4 inch ugly rainfall. The same ladies played their 5th round at the same course in very good conditions; their scores were much better and they were happier. Largely they agreed with me that they will not necessarily remember their Friday round (in great conditions) very long, but will remember that heavy rainfall round for the rest of their lives. I'll bet their experience in 20-30 years will expand into 8 inches of rain with very high winds. No matter what, they were real troopers in that bad weather round.

I complained about the rain we had over at Reedy Creek until I saw the videos of Sugaw. Then I shut up when I saw that we really didn't have it so bad.

I complained about the rain we had over at Reedy Creek until I saw the videos of Sugaw. Then I shut up when I saw that we really didn't have it so bad.

I guess you didn't hear any Nevin stories either.

We were told by the spotter on hole 11th that at least 3 or 4 disc where washed away and declare lost. That at it peaks the stream across the fairway was at least 2 feet deep and that two player almost got washed away as well.

Lucky 11 was our last hole. But crossing from the green on 12 to the tee on 13 we had to cross 6 to 9 inches of flowing water to get there.

Guy you really didn't have to provide a waterfall feature for us. But in all seriousness big shout out to the spotters and TD staff at Nevin for braving the elements and keeping us on track. And for that matter all of the volunteers that made this happen.

And another for CDGC and Mecklenburg County Park and Rec for all of the wonderful work they put into the courses. Your efforts and care for the courses showed. Thank you.

Latest posts