• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships

2018 Champion

• McBeth

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • Wysocki

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 44 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess Paul didn't want to win the MVP Open. :|

(In all seriousness, I get what you're saying, OP. Not "wanting it" enough has been one of the criticisms of Simon Lizotte. Seems like he just doesn't care sometimes. Lacking that fire inside can change the outcome of a tourney, or a career.)

IMO Paul doesn't want to crush anyone's soul

Yea, you're probably right. He seems way too nice with all the religious overtones to ever reach his full potential.

One day the hippies will all be gone and the real athletes will take over this "sport". So enjoy it while you still can.

Until then, I'm gonna go back to the chess forums where everyone doesn't seem to have a testosterone deficiency.

The difference in motivation, work ethic, and focus between the top ten or so players is tiny, at best, at this time. Ricky and Paul have a slight advantage, been there, done that, but that can't be weighed against the, "I'm hungry" thing.

For the foreseeable future, any of those guys can win any event. To me, a bigger question becomes consistency. Who can make the slog week in and week out, take those second to eighth place slots, and wind up player of the year? It's a better measure of the best right now, at least for me.

I vote other. I agree with the previously stated fact that this year is a toss up compared to previous years. However, the touring pros have an advantage of having two weeks (if they choose to skip Nantucket) to practice the courses....

I think the competition should be a bit tighter this year, and I hope no one runs away with it (again) cuz that gets boring.

McBeth is playing lights out right now, though. Started the year slow (some say "washed up"......) but has shown to be a/the top contender. I find it silly no one has voted Rick though...

Regardless, I hope it's tight and someone besides Rick or Paul win.

Anywho: Will Worlds be live-streamed??

Anywho: Will Worlds be live-streamed??

Yes it will be. Smashboxx is covering the final three days, I believe. JVphobic can probably confirm.

As for practice, it seems like a bunch of players spent the weekend between Ledgestone and Maple Hill at Smuggs. It was likely the ones that are going to Nantucket. After all, it's not just a tournament this year, but also a wedding I imagine a bunch of them are invited to.

Eagle McMahon has won the big ones this year, and I think he scores the World title this year, as well. My next choice would be McBeth.

Wow i was the First to vote for ricky..where is the respect for the defending champ?

Brewster Ridge and Fox Run @ Smuggler's Notch Resort.

Doss won there last year and MJ was second and Wysocki 3rd, these 3 have very good history there. Lizotte was 25th and Eagle was 39th, these courses don't seem to be good for the crush boys. McBeth DNF. Leiviska and Ulibarri have some top finishes there.

Yea, you're probably right. He seems way too nice with all the religious overtones to ever reach his full potential.

One day the hippies will all be gone and the real athletes will take over this "sport". So enjoy it while you still can.

Until then, I'm gonna go back to the chess forums where everyone doesn't seem to have a testosterone deficiency.

Peace out.

I can see alot of players fall apart the final round if a Words title is in their grasp . . . Paul and Ricky both have a strong mental game.
But both Paul and Rick have mixed crazy good rounds with "meh"rounds.
Eagle did not play well on this course last year.

And even harder on the FPO side. . Paige and Cat are NOT playing good at the moment

HARD to guess this year. .. . Nate and Val Doss is a outsider guess

Anyone else notice that both Nate Doss and Val Jenkins aren't registered? They've been talking about some big news regarding their brewery in Bend this week... Maybe their focus has officially shifted.

I would (will?) be bummed to not see him at Worlds this year, especially after his performance on those courses last year.

Anyone else notice that both Nate Doss and Val Jenkins aren't registered? They've been talking about some big news regarding their brewery in Bend this week... Maybe their focus has officially shifted.

I would (will?) be bummed to not see him at Worlds this year, especially after his performance on those courses last year.

They are both signed up for mixed doubles. I would think they wouldn't make the trip out there just for that.

James seems to be peaking at the right time, Sexton too. The shorter than it used to be format definitely opens things up for more guys than just Ricky and Paul. Has Eagle won anything on courses with trees yet?