• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Tournament Videos

mmblink86

Birdie Member
The 2017 Tourney video thread was a great compilation. Here's to another year of great coverage!

I know this first one has it's own thread, but it sets a great tone for the year.

There is no such division called Open Masters.

It's Pro Masters, but I think that's what they meant. I wouldn't put it past them though since they call the women's pro side "Open" even though it really isn't. The only true open division is MPO.

Last edited:
Calling pro divisions such as Masters and Grandmasters "open" has always been a problem here in norcal. The mistake is ingrained in a lot of minds around here.

Other than that, nice video fellas! Good to see Anni K. and my boys, Barsby and Sontag, on the same card. Looking forward to the Final 9.

Calling pro divisions such as Masters and Grandmasters "open" has always been a problem here in norcal. The mistake is ingrained in a lot of minds around here.

Other than that, nice video fellas! Good to see Anni K. and my boys, Barsby and Sontag, on the same card. Looking forward to the Final 9.

Yep, people think Open=Pro which is does not. Open=division open to anyone.

I agree keep the great vids coming, I still have a month before the season kicks off so in between putts I need something to watch.

Here is one that I would love to get more recognition. Ever dreamed about a DG trip to Finland. Watch this and then book your travel for July.

So we got the #1 free to play course in Finland (IMO, of the some 150+ I have played). You can see on the video why I think so. The layout is also pretty challenging, with 2 under for the round netting you a 1001 rating in this particular tournament.

We got Mr. Jeremy Koling both on the card and commentary, Mr. Gregg Barsby doing his forehand magic, probably the hottest junior player in Europe ATM Mr. Väinö Mäkelä (also great pronunciation exercise for you) as well as trusty good old Mr. Janne Hirsimäki. Great production values, not quite Jomez (hey but who is?) but probably the second best that I have seen in Finland (second only to Loksupoksu who seems to be on a hiatus).

I wont spoil it for you but there is some course butchering done by one of these guys, and a great battle overall.

I wish it was summer already. Sigh.

https://youtu.be/To7LprnrNn8?t=1390

What do people think about Perkins' courtesy violation on Nikko?

Love it! Good for him!
Nikko behaves like a toddler that missed his nap. I figured he'd grow out of it at some point, but it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. I wish more players would follow Perkins' example and put a stop to Nikko's on-course tantrums.

Nikko's parents probably should have paid closer attention to THIS commercial...

I hate giving DD the views, but I like watching BDubs and dear lord Oakley's pants should be a courtesy violation. :gross::gross::gross: