• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Disccraft Ace Race

RUSSELL

* Ace Member *
66314175_10158765899938644_3498999879118618624_n.jpg

from facebook:

"In honor of our 40th Anniversary we've decided to do something special. We'll be bringing back one of our original discs that is no longer in production and remaking it for the first time in a premium plastic, specifically for the Ace Race. 2019 is the Race of the Classics!" ♠️🏁

So if its the first time in premium plastic that will narrow down the choices to mostly older discs. A quick list I could come up with not including the lids would be: Phantom (and variants), Sky Streak, Cruiser, Eclipse, Windstar, Vortex, Deuce, Tracer, Shadow, Marauder, Typhoon, X-Clone, and MRX. They are all discontinued and OOP, and to my knowledge were never available in current "premium plastic".

I could see it being the Phantom just because it was their first "disc golf" disc. Personally, I want to see a Sky Streak in swirly ESP.

Does Discraft have any discs which are OOP, "classic," AND not PDGA approved? You know, to stick with the "prototype" nature of the Ace Race.

So if its the first time in premium plastic that will narrow down the choices to mostly older discs. A quick list I could come up with not including the lids would be: Phantom (and variants), Sky Streak, Cruiser, Eclipse, Windstar, Vortex, Deuce, Tracer, Shadow, Marauder, Typhoon, X-Clone, and MRX. They are all discontinued and OOP, and to my knowledge were never available in current "premium plastic".

I could see it being the Phantom just because it was their first "disc golf" disc. Personally, I want to see a Sky Streak in swirly ESP.

The MRV came in Elite X plastic....premium at that time.

When I read the quote, I thought it meant one of the original Ace Race discs. I wonder if any of them were never made in premium plastic.

I bought an old Phantom+ from Ginnelly at Spinners when I was living in Phoenix.

It was basically new.

Went to a baseball field to throw it so it could land in grass.

When it landed, it exploded into like 10-15 pieces.

I have one in Elite Z.

What about the Hawk? Was it ever in premium? Flight looks similar to Buzzz SS... the kind of thing that would be good for an Ace Race maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an old Phantom+ from Ginnelly at Spinners when I was living in Phoenix.

It was basically new.

Went to a baseball field to throw it so it could land in grass.

When it landed, it exploded into like 10-15 pieces.

same thing happened to me couple of years ago, although it lasted 11 holes...
the thing is, when they were new, they were indestructible, and that's why I chose the Phantom over the Innova XD at the time

I have one in Elite Z.

What about the Hawk? Was it ever in premium? Flight looks similar to Buzzz SS... the kind of thing that would be good for an Ace Race maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just now noticed it was the MRV mentioned. I purposely left it out because it was made in Z plastic as I also have a few of them. The MRX to my knowledge was never made in anything other than the Elite Pro plastic from back in the day and that is why I included it on the list.

I just now noticed it was the MRV mentioned. I purposely left it out because it was made in Z plastic as I also have a few of them. The MRX to my knowledge was never made in anything other than the Elite Pro plastic from back in the day and that is why I included it on the list.

Lol....you are right not bigmatt. You wrote MRX and I read MRV. Thought that Elite Pro was a nice plastic, back in the day. I remember having a XL, APX and a MRX in the plastic. I still have the APX.