• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 NT/DGPT Media Policy Announcement (satire fail)

How exactly are we supposed to tell that was satire?

Satire translates rather poorly on the internet.

Satire is always nuanced if it is well done. Here it should be obvious due to:

1. The timing with the new rule for entry into a pro field in national events and backlash on this site.
2. This would require lower level rule changes on selecting cards.

Some will always take satire literally, that can't be helped. Daylight savings time is proof of that. ;)

This definitely isn't satire. Satire is supposed to be funny. When several people commented on the thread that they actually we're believing this, that means the satire wasn't well received. For anyone who knows me you know that there aren't many people who are more sarcastic than me, but this just wasn't funny. DGCR used to be a great place to have passionate and mostly factual disc golf discussions. As a PDGA BOD member I would love to see it get back to that. Too many times when I come on here and read a thread I pretty much see 80 percent of the comments as sarcasm/satire. Just sayin'!
One of the best things that ever happened to me was when my wife looked at me and said "You're not funny. Quit acting like you are." I think of that a lot while reading DGCR.

The cold hard fact is 99.9% of us aren't funny. We might occasionally have a funny exchange here and there, but in general this stuff gets more annoying than it is funny. We would be better off just talking about golf and enjoying the occasional moments when someone is accidentally funny.

This definitely isn't satire. Satire is supposed to be funny. When several people commented on the thread that they actually we're believing this, that means the satire wasn't well received. For anyone who knows me you know that there aren't many people who are more sarcastic than me, but this just wasn't funny. DGCR used to be a great place to have passionate and mostly factual disc golf discussions. As a PDGA BOD member I would love to see it get back to that. Too many times when I come on here and read a thread I pretty much see 80 percent of the comments as sarcasm/satire. Just sayin'!

Dude who uses a satire disc golf course doesn't appreciate satire disc golf posts.

Dually noted.

;)

This definitely isn't satire. Satire is supposed to be funny. When several people commented on the thread that they actually we're believing this, that means the satire wasn't well received.

Every Onion article ever, wherever it is posted... even on their website has people commenting that "I like satire but this one isn't funny"

It was obvious from the start that of course it isn't true.. but relevant following the way the PDGA decided to dictate the media contracts and the Loyd Weema rule. This is great satire BECAUSE some people bit on it and many who didn't believe it STILL couldn't not believe it and some just don't like it.

Perfect satire and I'm offended by the amended thread title.

Every Onion article ever, wherever it is posted... even on their website has people commenting that "I like satire but this one isn't funny"

It was obvious from the start that of course it isn't true.. but relevant following the way the PDGA decided to dictate the media contracts and the Loyd Weema rule. This is great satire BECAUSE some people bit on it and many who didn't believe it STILL couldn't not believe it and some just don't like it.

Perfect satire and I'm offended by the amended thread title.

you're welcome.

mods - repost my response please!

Latest posts