• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 United States Women's Disc Golf Championships May 21-23

Everyone is aware that this tournament wasn't just for FPO players right?

It also seems like many of the course complaints (too wide, not technical enough), could easily be applied to a lot of the courses MPO plays these days.

I happened upon Mo's podcast with Madison Walker concerning course design and the FPO. At 8:15 MO asked Madison if shortening TeePads made players like Paige and Jen Allen say "you're taking away the thing that makes me special"?

Madison says "yes, definitely...they are opposed to it".

I don't think there is a consensus among the FPO (as Paige implied) that the courses they played for USWDGC were amateurish. It's also clear that this is an ongoing issue among the FPO field at large.

Interesting listen. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-inside-line/id1457925793?i=1000457930796

F
...this tournament was not good for either the PDGA or the FPO (sans Paige). After watching the coverage, I agree with all of her pre-tournament complaints. They should have picked one course and stuck with it...but I don't know which one, because they all felt like the same sort of blah... Just a bunch of 250-350 Par 3s with maybe four total Par 4s and no Par 5s. None of these three courses were worthy of a "major" tournament, and they de-valued it even more by not giving the women the time and space to be able to practice them all.

if the courses were so easy why did only 10 out of 62 women finish under par? And only Paige was double digits under par.

If the course(s) had a bunch of par 4s and 5s and half the field was under par, that's not harder. That's just a par 4 and 5 version of pitch and putt.

Latest posts