• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 DGPT Championship Oct 12-16

Other than teeing order on the first hole what difference would it make?
Higher seed number wins ties. If a 20 seed beats a 17 seed but both qualify to move on, they should swap seed numbers like bag tags. Either that or get assigned new seed numbers progressing from one larger than the biggest seed number in the next pool they're entering.

Higher seed number wins ties. If a 20 seed beats a 17 seed but both qualify to move on, they should swap seed numbers like bag tags. Either that or get assigned new seed numbers progressing from one larger than the biggest seed number in the next pool they're entering.

Oops- you are correct. I think my preference is for the season seed to take precedence over the hot round yesterday seed though. From DGPT's perspective it also incentivizes players at least slightly to compete often and well in all the events.

Oops- you are correct. I think my preference is for the season seed to take precedence over the hot round yesterday seed though. From DGPT's perspective it also incentivizes players at least slightly to compete often and well in all the events.
However, in medal play, hotter round in an event is ranked higher for next round groupings regardless of the players' ratings coming into an event. Seems like the reseeding idea would be more popular with viewers who are rooting for their favorite underdog to have a better chance of moving on. As with many format options, there are trade-offs on which is better.

However, in medal play, hotter round in an event is ranked higher for next round groupings regardless of the players' ratings coming into an event. Seems like the reseeding idea would be more popular with viewers who are rooting for their favorite underdog to have a better chance of moving on. As with many format options, there are trade-offs on which is better.

With such a small field I personally would opt for sudden death as daylight should not be an issue.

With such a small field I personally would opt for sudden death as daylight should not be an issue.

And maybe limit it to three holes, with ties going again to the higher seeded player. Would still preserve some of the tour points advantage, while making for some compelling viewing.

I get it Chuck, but doesn't that defeat the advertising point that "Tour points matter, because tour points break ties"?

Hokom laying up on the final hole hoping Eveliina missed a 1 foot slam dunk putt?!?!? Absolute blunder. Terry is losing his mind. Eveliina and Henna were outright laughing at her after the layup. WOW.

Well Eveliina got that handed to her a littler to easy. . the lack of strategy in the last few holes is insane.

Hokom laying up on the final hole hoping Eveliina missed a 1 foot slam dunk putt?!?!? Absolute blunder. Terry is losing his mind. Eveliina and Henna were outright laughing at her after the layup. WOW.

simply screwed up the math.

Going to be an agonizing off-season stewing about that ending for months. Hopefully she is able to mentally move past this.

This is not the first time Hokom has layed up on 18 not knowing the score. .

I'm continually amazed at the number of players that confess to not knowing their standing coming into the end of tournaments.

I'm not watching the coverage but wondering if the commentators have been using Barbasol oriented comments like "missed it by a whisker", "had a close shave getting in", or "player was in a lather after going OB twice on the hole"?

I'm not watching the coverage but wondering if the commentators have been using Barbasol oriented comments like "missed it by a whisker", "had a close shave getting in", or "player was in a lather after going OB twice on the hole"?

of course they have

I think you're right. As a decidedly intermediate-level player, my score playing the course blind was +6, which was as good as half the MPO field for the play-in today. That should never happen if they're playing smart.

While this is generally true, I disagree for this tournament. Playing smart at this course means, once you fall off the pace, you need to start going for riskier and riskier shots to catch back up. If you're at +1 with 5 holes to play, you basically have to birdie out to even have a chance. If you get a slightly poor lie on a par 4, it doesn't matter, you have to go for it to even have a chance. That generally leads to a riskier shot, which could easily result in a double or triple bogey. Do that twice in 5 holes, and you're at +6.

Additionally, you are not an intermediate player if you played this version of Nevin blind and shot a 68. That would be rated 975ish. Are you sure it was the same layout? Or are you not an intermediate player?

Latest posts