• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Las Vegas Challenge Feb 24-27

I don't mind at all if people get angry over a shot or many shots. That isn't a big deal. If you mean being negative and angry the entire round then sure. It's going to be tougher to simply have fun and play your best.

I think the biggest point is. Not letting their attitude effect yours or your own play. Ideally you should be able to play your best with the most negative players. Might be tougher, but in the end it is on you.

Kinda like we do here when you post things?

I kid of course. This is why I don't like playing tournies much anymore. For me the game is enjoyable when i am out in nature enjoying the outdoors and the flight of the disc.

I don't feel the need to prove that I can tolerate someone else's nonsense during a game just so I can win some $$ that barely covers my expenses for said tourny.

I don't think it's has anything to do with the courses. Well, maybe a little to do with the courses. But it has more to do with the fact that it's the offseason. The first major is a couple of months away. He does not need to be there to qualify for any of the tournaments that actually matter. Nobody who doesn't want to play needs to be there. That's the beauty of individual sports. We don't have to report to anyone. I mean, it's good to talk through with your plans with your sponsors, but I'm guessing everyone who has a financial stake in PMcB is on board with what he is doing.

It sounds like you just want there because he owes you entertainment. He owes you nothing. You've got plenty of competitors who will show up to chase this payday, most of them younger and/or hungry for the spotlight. McBeth is judged by how he performs at majors and his entire focus appears to be setting himself up for peak performance in those arenas. I can't see how starting the tour grind in the middle of winter gets him any closer to another ring.

I don't really root for anybody on the disc golf course besides myself but I can appreciate how the dude takes care of business and conserves his energy for when it actually matters. A lot of kids on the tour could learn something from that kind of strategy.

http://www.bopsecrets.org/gateway/passages/chuang-tzu.htm

McBeth is playing Memorial sponsored by Discraft, skipped this one, sponsored by Innova.

That is the answer. If it was the other way around he'd be here. Some Innova guys are skipping next week.

Kinda like we do here when you post things?

I kid of course. This is why I don't like playing tournies much anymore. For me the game is enjoyable when i am out in nature enjoying the outdoors and the flight of the disc.

I don't feel the need to prove that I can tolerate someone else's nonsense during a game just so I can win some $$ that barely covers my expenses for said tourny.

Being critical isn't necessarily negative though, it's actually being positive. I know the sport can be better and should be better. Lots of people are doing their best with what they can, doesn't mean we are the pinnacle of excellence as a sport though either.

If no one speaks up when things are less than excellent then nothing changes.

I don't think it's has anything to do with the courses. Well, maybe a little to do with the courses. But it has more to do with the fact that it's the offseason. The first major is a couple of months away. He does not need to be there to qualify for any of the tournaments that actually matter. Nobody who doesn't want to play needs to be there. That's the beauty of individual sports. We don't have to report to anyone. I mean, it's good to talk through with your plans with your sponsors, but I'm guessing everyone who has a financial stake in PMcB is on board with what he is doing.

It sounds like you just want there because he owes you entertainment. He owes you nothing. You've got plenty of competitors who will show up to chase this payday, most of them younger and/or hungry for the spotlight. McBeth is judged by how he performs at majors and his entire focus appears to be setting himself up for peak performance in those arenas. I can't see how starting the tour grind in the middle of winter gets him any closer to another ring.

I don't really root for anybody on the disc golf course besides myself but I can appreciate how the dude takes care of business and conserves his energy for when it actually matters. A lot of kids on the tour could learn something from that kind of strategy.

http://www.bopsecrets.org/gateway/passages/chuang-tzu.htm

I dare say, you are reading A LOT into that post. It was not even Bogey, who suggested that PMB skipped the event due to the three course itinerary. The post was not even about PMB.

It was speculated that the itinerary could be the reason, which hold exactly the same water that your speculation does.

I saw nobody that even implied they felt PMB owed them anything, nor that he does not deserve respect. Really, I'm not sure anybody even expressed any negative sentiments, that he had skipped the event.

I dare say, you are reading A LOT into that post. It was not even Bogey, who suggested that PMB skipped the event due to the three course itinerary. The post was not even about PMB.

It was speculated that the itinerary could be the reason, which hold exactly the same water that your speculation does.

I saw nobody that even implied they felt PMB owed them anything, nor that he does not deserve respect. Really, I'm not sure anybody even expressed any negative sentiments, that he had skipped the event.

Yes, I speculate a lot. Maybe I misread

I find that to be a lame excuse. Everyone else has to do the same thing.
to say "everyone has to do the same thing."

Last edited:

I never said that McBeth (or any other player), owes me a blessed thing. As you pointed out, there are plenty of other hungry, elite players making this event entertaining.

I completely agreed with you that in individual sports like DG, player can skip whatever events the want to, for whatever reasons they wish. That between them and their sponsors.

FWIW - have found it more acceptable, had he'd said hit reason for skipping this event was that it's a long season, and that it's a grind, and he wants to pace himself for the events that are most matter most to him.

But allegedly skipping it because he'd have to practice three courses (just like the rest of the field does), just seems lame.
... in my opinion.
... which I'm entitled to.
... just as you are yours.

I'm not even sure what his reason(s) were.
Just saying that IF he would have played this 4 round event, had it been on 2 courses instead of 3 ...that just seems lame IMO.

Pretty sure the of 5x Champs losing sleep over my opinion is zero. Doesn't mean I can't share it, or that it's any less (or more) valid. It's simply my take.

Last edited:
Yes, I speculate a lot. Maybe I misread

to say "everyone has to do the same thing."

By "everyone has to do the same thing," I simply meant that everyone playing this event, has to play the same three courses.

I never came close to implying they all have to play the same events.

If you want to read more into my statement, that's up to you.

Last edited:
I think I missed the correlation here.

Kona is probably not sponsored for consistently being on the lead card (or chase card) of the final round, but more than likely paid for spreading the DD gospel on social media. Just like Pam Anderson wasn't paid for her Shakespearian acting style but more for her jiggly parts.

Kona is probably not sponsored for consistently being on the lead card (or chase card) of the final round, but more than likely paid for spreading the DD gospel on social media. Just like Pam Anderson wasn't paid for her Shakespearian acting style but more for her jiggly parts.

Still, no correlation, lol.

What a great tournament. I personally think this a great tournament to start the year. The quality of golf is ridiculous. There are so many players in the hunt. I would much rather watch this then some of the heavily wooded courses where couldn't even tell where they were on the hole or which direction they were throwing.

Whether you meant it or not, most people assume that you implied: Pamela Anderson got hired for her looks = Kona got hired for her looks. That's how I took your comment.

gogo's original comment: Pamela Anderson wasn't paid for her acting chops when she was on baywatch.

As a player who generally avoids most three-course and all four-course tourneys, I understand Paul's decision to give LVC a miss. I'd rather get quite dialed-in on one or two courses.

A few years ago I was all about the (City name) Challenge format, where some city would have an A- or B-tier on four courses over two days, with four pools driving back and forth all over town, but now not so much. These really cater to local players who already know all of their local courses well. Even just playing one round a day, it's a real grind for touring pros to have to rush from one stop to the next one, and then try to learn three or four courses in a huge hurry before the tourney starts. Fewer courses means the travel days don't have to be so frantic, and the logistics of finding a place to stay are easier when not trying to triangulate a place that's convenient to so many different courses.

Whether you meant it or not, most people assume that you implied: Pamela Anderson got hired for her looks = Kona got hired for her looks. That's how I took your comment.

gogo's original comment: Pamela Anderson wasn't paid for her acting chops when she was on baywatch.

Agreed. Kona is actually a good disc golfer. A 950 rating is nothing to sneeze at.

My only point is that she is not at same level as Kristin Tattar, and that comparison with Kristin was the whole basis of her hitting that $500k contract. I am not convinced that Kona's social media numbers equate to such a large contract, but Dynamic Discs saw things differently so now it is on them.

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to Nathan Queen?

Not sure. He was announcing for Gatekeeper this weekend; maybe he will fill in the viewers there.

Meanwhile, it looks like Cale's cash streak has finally come to an end, assuming the cut line is the money line. Sexton now with the longest active streak.

Latest posts