• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Las Vegas Challenge Feb 24-27

I think Paul was 9th last year and something similar in 2018-2019 so not his best event. . so why even play?

Most elite athletes have extended offseasons. If you want to be your best in October, you probably can't leave it all out on the course in February, especially as you get older. Spring Training doesn't start until March for good reason.

This is the privilege of having a massive sponsorship -- you can pick your battles, chasing major titles instead of blowing your load trying to make a payday in the middle of winter.

Kind of fun..Henna and Eveliina have played on the same card for 2y . . and now the finaly get to play in the US and they are still on the same card.

But THAT IS the FPO card we have been waiting for. . . Paige vs Europa

With it being an Innova event, they seem to try to setup favorable round 1 cards to their sponsored players. Just look at the 11:16 card: Barsby, Philo, Barela, Russell.

In a way it would be fun if "innova players" wins this after all the talk about loosing their players

its def a contender

i would argue tho usdgc is worse cuz its boring as f to watch and the attempted hype behind leads to a bigger anticlimactic experience

USDGC would be awesome to watch if they would allow post production crews in there. The market for those who would pay to watch real-time dg on a screen is small, no matter how much they hype it.

That said, I'm still looking for a bar in Dallas with a DGN subscription.

IMO OTB is the worst but the general theme of golf courses not being the most fun to watch continues...

I was disappointed by the Portland Open last year. That ball golf course has massive trees separating the fairways. I thought several of the holes should have been played weaving through them. They are too big to throw over, and well placed tees and mandos could force players down the intended line. I do understand that it was designed quite literally overnight.

No Mcbeth

This is a Silver series event... write it down

I was disappointed by the Portland Open last year. That ball golf course has massive trees separating the fairways. I thought several of the holes should have been played weaving through them. They are too big to throw over, and well placed tees and mandos could force players down the intended line. I do understand that it was designed quite literally overnight.

I believe the tee pads they used last year were super slick so the TD had to make a last minute decision to allow throwing from the sides of the pads. This led to lots of tee shots being thrown around the trees and not in between them. It should be better this year.

I believe the tee pads they used last year were super slick so the TD had to make a last minute decision to allow throwing from the sides of the pads. This led to lots of tee shots being thrown around the trees and not in between them. It should be better this year.

Isn't it moving back to Blue Lake this year? (which will be better)

I think it was on the Upshot interview, he mentioned he didn't like playing three courses as one of the main reasons for not going to the LVC.

The touring pros for the most part dislike more than one course and REALLY dislike more than 2. I am a little surprised Vegas still has them playing more than 2 but I guess there is nothing the week prior so they can have extended practice time if need be.

The touring pros for the most part dislike more than one course and REALLY dislike more than 2. I am a little surprised Vegas still has them playing more than 2 but I guess there is nothing the week prior so they can have extended practice time if need be.

I listened to the Jeff Jacquart interview on the PDGA radio reboot, he makes the point that his tournament needs three courses in order to have enough competitors (both pro and am) to make the tournament financially possible. He does a great run through the numbers of running a large event. I forget what the cost to rent Wildhorse for several days is but it was well over $100k as I recall.

I listened to the Jeff Jacquart interview on the PDGA radio reboot, he makes the point that his tournament needs three courses in order to have enough competitors (both pro and am) to make the tournament financially possible. He does a great run through the numbers of running a large event. I forget what the cost to rent Wildhorse for several days is but it was well over $100k as I recall.

Good points. Makes sense for some pros to skip it, makes sense for Innova to keep it the same. I heard $300k on the Nick and Matt podcast, but they didn't seem like they were certain.

If you guys want to know who my pick is to win, it's

It looks like Portland Open is at Blue Lake Thursday and Friday, then Glendoveer Saturday and Sunday.