• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 LWS Open @ Idlewild (Idlewild Open) July 8-10, 2022

I had a blast as always doing the live scoring thing on Friday and was on a couple really good cards. I enjoy watching rounds cl...

It looks like I forgot to finish a thought. Lol, It's been a week.

I started volunteering in the 2020 covid year because that was the only way to get to see the action. Ended up doing the live scoring and really enjoyed seeing a small handful of rounds close up. The ups, downs, hot rounds and beat downs, and all that comes with experiencing a tourney round from start to finish. Just a unique way to watch a round.

Tournament Sunday = Robot Chicken Day.
This could get interesting.

:popcorn:

Here is a chart showing how much harder the course played for a 930-rated FPO player, vs. a 1000-rated MPO player.

attachment.php

For the holes where the FPO did not have their own tees, here are the lengths for FPO which would generate scores similar to MPO scores.

Code:
Hole   Actual   Suggested
  #1     638     580
  #2     601     405
  #3     656     490
  #4     722     540
  #8     576     420
  #9     258     205
 #10     368     255
 #12     644     425
 #13     584     365
 #14     556     435
 #16     969     610
 #17     287     190
 #18     650     435

Attachments

• FPOvMPOIdlewild2022.png
    FPOvMPOIdlewild2022.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 137
Like myself, many people grew up playing baseball, and walking up to the tee it felt more familiar to throw backhand lefty because it feels like a batting stance, but threw forehand righty because the righty forehand is more like the baseball throw.

No plan, just sorta fell into it.
I haven't heard that from Zach, but it's the general pattern.

Learning to throw a lefty forehand, especially for distance, presents some profound challenges in that scenario.

Same here, LH shooting hoops, throwing a Frisbee as a kid, and both sides tennis racket. Everything else right hand includes pitching in high school. So, the first time I threw a disc not even three years yet, it was natural LHBH. I've tinkered with BH and it was RH, LH felt odd. I've only played with three other players on the course LHBH, and two of them were twins.

Isaac Robinson is absolutely a future star. Great attitude, plays an attractive style of disc golf, incredible putter. He's also the hottest guy in MPO, at least out of the top 30 or so. Could be future face of the game.

Isaac Robinson is absolutely a future star. Great attitude, plays an attractive style of disc golf, incredible putter. He's also the hottest guy in MPO, at least out of the top 30 or so. Could be future face of the game.

That is just patently false, dude looks so bland.

Robinson played one heck of a tournament, holy crap. Credit to Dickerson for a great tournament, too. That was good enough play to usually win at Idlewild. Those two were head and shoulders above the rest this weekend (as was Gannon until final round).

I always forget how deadly Dickerson's step putt is until he comes back on tour. Guy wasn't missing. That thumber roller was the most impressive scramble shot in recent memory. Really thought his putt on 17 was going to go in and he'd have a chance to complete the comeback on 18. Robinson running that putt was risky with all the OB, but with as hot as he was putting, can you blame him? when you're on, you're on, and he was absolutely on fire. Looking forward to see more of him on coverage in the future. Also love having another RHBH exclusive player like Conrad in the mix.

That is just patently false, dude looks so bland.

Haha, certainly bland, though no accounting for taste!

But the not-short, not-string bean set of DGers is pretty slim pickings.
It's like Ricky and Ezra and Simon and Isaac.

Just finished up the Jomez coverage plus some FPO on GK Pro. Wow! Once again, Idlewild Open delivered as it has every time they've run this tourney since 2017. Lots of wild shots and drama.

Robinson's weekend was incredible. P McB fire round was nuts! Dickerson R3 holes 13-16 was insane (could add hole 17 if the putt didn't miss by a millimeter). That run of holes can easily result with a +2 for MPO. Dickerson did it -5.

Don't remind me ;)

Women's Masters 40 is stacked this year at Masters Worlds in Peoria. The eldest of the familiar FPO crowd has finally transitioned into age-protected. I'm going to have to throw lights out to just finish top 10.

I'd pull for you, if I knew who you were. :p Good luck at Worlds!!

If you were truly sorry, you'd have put the club down long ago. Christ, just get over it already, would you?

There's soooo much more to talk about. How about some of the women who ARE playing great, or the changes they made to the course?

Or did you plunk down a boatload of cash on Kona to win a DGPT event this year, and yer just buttsore she's not coming through for you?

591k views for Kona's hosting of the USWDGC on Jomez vs. only 94k views for GK Pro's Lead Card coverage of Idlewild, so I'd say her transition into a media personality as opposed to trying to hack it with the other 940 rated DGers is paying off nicely for her and DD.

591k views for Kona's hosting of the USWDGC on Jomez vs. only 94k views for GK Pro's Lead Card coverage of Idlewild, so I'd say her transition into a media personality as opposed to trying to hack it with the other 940 rated DGers is paying off nicely for her and DD.

At first I thought this guy was serious, but now that I realize this account is just satire I find it hilarious. Well done sir. :clap:

Latest posts