• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Beaver State Fling

D***, I was hoping to follow Matty-O's card on Saturday at The Cascade Challenge. He was signed up but I don't see him with a tee time.:(

I wonder if Hammes was included on the featured card as a sponsor's choice - Discraft.
His 2023 finishes don't warrant it. Hopefully this kick starts his season.

Likely Handley for FPO and Hammes/Barela for MPO chosen because of Discraft sponsoring + Resistance Discs 'supporting' the event (the TD is Jeff Korns who owns/runs Resistance Discs). All 3 golfers are on the Resistance Discs team and Hammes won the Resistance Discs Open in 2021 (maybe treated as the prior iteration of this Silver event for the Cascade Challenge).

Drew Gibson was on the internets complaining about payout at this year's BSG versus 2013.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given that they had an AM side in 2013 and it no longer has the same level of prestige, the payouts kind of make sense.

I feel like context is important.

That (the bolded) is what he does.

Looks like they had a little over $20k added cash- minimum for Silver is supposed to be $10k. What it was in 2013 is irrelevant. Nothing to see there.

Likely Handley for FPO and Hammes/Barela for MPO chosen because of Discraft sponsoring + Resistance Discs 'supporting' the event (the TD is Jeff Korns who owns/runs Resistance Discs). All 3 golfers are on the Resistance Discs team and Hammes won the Resistance Discs Open in 2021 (maybe treated as the prior iteration of this Silver event for the Cascade Challenge).

Probably more because Korns is the TD

Korns went from a Discmania fanboi, to a Paul fanboi, then now follows Hammes around like a puppy

Latest posts