• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGPT Schedule Predictions

Eman

In his interview Wednesday on the Upshot Jeff Spring said that the 2023 calendar will be announced this week after Maple Hill, and there will be 'around 3' new elite series events. So with Maple Hill now over, what are everyone's final guesses on the around 3 new (to the elite series) events, and who might be getting kicked off? We know GMC won't be happening because doubling up majors courses will no longer be a thing.

Why won't the Green Mountain Championship be held next year? What other tournament is scheduled to be there - the amateur's was held there this year, but that doesn't mean it will be held there next year.

LVC @ NV
Waco @ TX
Champions Cup (M) @ GA
Jonesboro @ AR
DDO @ KS
OTB @ CA
Portland Open @ OR
BSF - 'new ES' @ OR
Preserve @ MN
DMC @ IA
Ledgestone @ IL
European Open (M) @ Finland
Idlewild @ KY
DGLO @ MI
BCDGC/Pittsburgh - 'new ES' @ OH
Worlds (M) @ VT
MVP - DGPT Playoff 1 @ MA
USWDGC (M) @ NC
Charlotte - DGPT Playoff 2 - 'new ES' @ NC
USDGC (M) / Throw Pink Championship @ SC
DGPT Championship @ FL or TN

Drop TX States & GMC. Playoff events have to come after Worlds. Only one weekend between USWDGC and USDGC so I assume both FPO & MPO will only get 3 Majors to count toward DGPT points to qualify for playoffs. Could see a couple new Silver Series events in Canada, Europe, and the Northeast U.S. to fill in gaps between European Open, Worlds, USWDGC, and USDGC.

I would not be surprised to see Eagles Crossing - the folks there mentioned they have been talking with the DGPT a lot. That could also be a 2024 thing.

Add 1 European stop, 1 Mountain Zone stop (maybe Utah Open again) and add Harmony Bends/Eagles Crossing.

Should cut OTB and DDO but surely won't.

Add 1 European stop, 1 Mountain Zone stop (maybe Utah Open again) and add Harmony Bends/Eagles Crossing.

Should cut OTB and DDO but surely won't.

It might just be me, but I prefer OTP over both Texas tournaments and Vegas.

Would like to swap TDTM for one of the early season western stops--weather would be great in Feb/March.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to only have one elite series event in OR.

Dela needs to stay important, such an epic course.

Agree with some kind of Harmony/Eagles stop. Be a great 4 day event, but it is almost 2 hours between them as memory serves.

Would like to swap TDTM for one of the early season western golf course stops--weather would be great in Feb/March.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to only have one elite series event in OR.

Dela needs to stay important, such an epic course.

Agree with some kind of Harmony/Eagles stop. Be a great 4 day event, but it is almost 2 hours between them as memory serves.

I could see that Missouri stop working. 2 days at 1 course, then 2 days at the next. Alternate fields as necessary

Problem with Harmony is if there is a heavy rain prior, then the alternate course (Oakland Park?) really isn't "Championship" level.
But one can't not schedule a tourney based on worse case scenario, right?

This is the schedule I had proposed about a month ago for United States Professional Tour. Including DGPT Elite Series, Silver Series, and Special Events as well as Majors.. I know that some of the dates don't match with what has been confirmed, and I believe that it doesn't jive with some of the other confirmations we have out there. But it was fun for me to make.

Key points:
= All Elite Series and Majors must be: 4 rounds, on no more than 2 courses, start on Thursdays, schedule every other weekend (except USWDGC which always gets screwed)
= Worlds must be at least 5 rounds
= Silver Series should just be 3 rounds and A-Tier status

Note: I added some ES and SS events not previously on the tour just based on my discretion based on geography, timing, and historical prominence or attendance. I also brought back some events previously on the tour, without knowing if they dropped off for a good reason.

Thoughts?
304160061_10101811030214843_6508517581299347058_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great looking schedule, I'd love something like that.

I will say that currently I don't think that the finances work for a four round event on a single course. Currently they're really only breaking even if they can run an AM tournament on the 2nd course on rotating days.

Yeah, I know, this was an idealized world. Only a few events can get to 4 rounds. I just really want to see some standardization

Yeah, I know, this was an idealized world. Only a few events can get to 4 rounds. I just really want to see some standardization

Totally. Texas States could probably safari up a second course from Cedar and Hickory at Lindsey. Waco you could add in William Cameron or Woodway.

2023 Majors schedule
https://www.pdga.com/major-disc-golf-events
Code:
Date	   Event	   Competitors	   Location
Apr 20-23	PDGA Champions Cup	144+/-	Appling, GA, USA
July 20-23	European Open	144+	Nokia, Finland
Aug. 30- Sept. 3	Professional Disc Golf World Championships	250-300	Jeffersonville, VT, USA
Sept. 21-24	United States Women's Disc Golf Championships	300+	Burlington, NC, USA
Oct. 5-8	United States Disc Golf Championship	150+	Rock Hill, SC, USA

so 2 weekends between Worlds and USWDGC and 1 weekend between USWDGC and USDGC. Most likely no ES the weekend before Worlds or European Open. Certainly backloads the touring season with a lot of high level competitions on the East coast. I don't think there will be any tour events scheduled for the Midwest states during that last month so DMC & Mid America Open would be Spring/Summer timeframe.

DDO/GBO had historically been the final weekend in April but maybe that can be pushed to later in the Summer (like they had in 2020 & Worlds 2022).

US Masters is in Eugene, OR in late May so that may leave BSF as a SS or off tour completely this year.

Totally. Texas States could probably safari up a second course from Cedar and Hickory at Lindsey. Waco you could add in William Cameron or Woodway.

Texas States is a rotating tournament. It happened to be in Tyler the last 2 years, but I don't think it's scheduled to be there next year.

Latest posts