• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Portland Open

Tamm, hole 2 (about 57 minutes into coverage)—walks up slowly on tee pad, takes what appears to be a 60% forehand hyzer out to about 500'. Ridiculous

Surprised that so many are choosing to carry their bag. Ricky has a caddy, but he's used a cart in the past. The cart gives a player the option to sit while waiting. Maybe not a huge issue for these players (young), but it does draw from the energy bank.

Cant see the Live MPO here in Sweden, it starts after midnight .. . but Simon looks to have had two REALLY bad holes at the end of the round. . that cost him the leadcard

Kristins game just looks easy, , Ella and Paige looks to be pushing but Kristins game looks effortless and effective

Did DGN change cameras? JoMez is supposedly filming, and the extreme zooms with no disc in frame is just as bad as pixelation. I'm watching the top of a grassy knoll for 5 seconds, then a dizzying fast pan to where the disc landed. The filming reminds me of the brief, failed attempt Eagle's Crossing did last year. Certainly trending down, or at least nothing like JoMez post. I understand poor signal issues, but don't understand these camera angles.

Cant see the Live MPO here in Sweden, it starts after midnight .. . but Simon looks to have had two REALLY bad holes at the end of the round. . that cost him the leadcard

Kristins game just looks easy, , Ella and Paige looks to be pushing but Kristins game looks effortless and effective

Yes.

The course has a lot of luck factored in. Like on 1, OB is possible and then the green is littered with hazards and potential roll away to hazard.

The late cards also got had to deal with a lot more gusty wind. Putts that would hang in the air or get smushed down.

If it's like this every day, I expect we will see a lot of movement up and down amongst the top 20 throughout the event.

hole 4, missy gets benefit of doubt going to the player... couple of camera angles & spotter there, but players couldn't determine if disc passed/got inbounds. 3-1 decision in bounds. to me, it looked like it kicked off the tree (ob side). it looks like the tree is on the line, so hitting the tree gets the in bounds ruling. they used the correct way to make the ruling (use what everybody saw & make the decision), cool to see in action

Korver with a pretty awesome R2F9.

hole 4, missy gets benefit of doubt going to the player... couple of camera angles & spotter there, but players couldn't determine if disc passed/got inbounds. 3-1 decision in bounds. to me, it looked like it kicked off the tree (ob side). it looks like the tree is on the line, so hitting the tree gets the in bounds ruling. they used the correct way to make the ruling (use what everybody saw & make the decision), cool to see in action

That's one of the holes with a lot of luck. Pretty much everyone CAN make a 2, but the tiny green and roll away potential is really high bringing in the possibility of a high score.

It was clearly never in from the catch cam angle. The tree is outside the line and it didn't get closer to the tree than a foot or so. The spotter standing right there said it was never in and they decided to go the other way. It would be cool to see if they actually got it right.

That's one of the holes with a lot of luck. Pretty much everyone CAN make a 2, but the tiny green and roll away potential is really high bringing in the possibility of a high score.

I played these courses this week.

485' over water to a tiny sloped green wedged between an OB green and a pond, and "pretty much everyone CAN make a 2"? No sir. Nope.

Latest posts