• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

287 courses in Wisconsin

i have yet to have that happen to me. While driving, my head always peaks over into park like spaces in hopes of spotting a basket.

It's a cool feeling for sure! One that very few other people would understand... :)

Western Ohio is pretty flat but the rest of the state has some decent topography. Rolling hills and such.

http://mapsof.net/ohio/ohio-relief-map

Florida has a little topography in the western panhandle but aside from that...it's flat

http://mapsof.net/florida/florida-relief-map

Have you ever driven through Lake County Florida?

Ohio's lowest elevation is 455' and its highest is 1550'. I know that it gets a little hilly by the river, but compared to states like Colorado, Ohio=flat.

Lake County north of Orlando:

the-hills-of-minneola.jpg
Where's that photo from, really? It's Ohio, isn't it?
;)
The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill, Lakewood Park in Walton County and is only 345 feet above sea level. Walton County is located in the Florida Panhandle. (More...) The lowest point in Florida is sea level where Florida meets the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.{www.netstate.com/states/geography/fl_geography.htm}
Ohio's lowest elevation is 455' and its highest is 1550'. I know that it gets a little hilly by the river, but compared to states like Colorado, Ohio=flat.
:confused:
The highest point in Colorado, and in the Rocky Mountains, is Mt. Elbert at 14,440 feet above sea level. Colorado is home to more mountains 14,000 feet or higher than any other state. The lowest point in Colorado is the Arkansas River at 3,315 feet above sea level.
Why are you comparing to Colorado? :confused:
If you want to compare to Colorado, then Wisconsin might seem flat (The highest point in Wisconsin is Timms Hill at 1,951 feet above sea level. The lowest point in Wisconsin is Lake Michigan at 581 feet above sea level.)
Heck, Pennsylvania might seem flat, and I don't think anybody that has driven the PA Turnpike would ever think PA to be flat. (The highest point in Pennsylvania is Mt. Davis at 3,213 feet. The lowest point in Pennsylvania is in The Delaware River at sea level.)

After a certain point, the altitude is just overkill.

Where's that photo from, really? It's Ohio, isn't it?
;)

:confused:

Why are you comparing to Colorado? :confused:
If you want to compare to Colorado, then Wisconsin might seem flat (The highest point in Wisconsin is Timms Hill at 1,951 feet above sea level. The lowest point in Wisconsin is Lake Michigan at 581 feet above sea level.)
Heck, Pennsylvania might seem flat, and I don't think anybody that has driven the PA Turnpike would ever think PA to be flat. (The highest point in Pennsylvania is Mt. Davis at 3,213 feet. The lowest point in Pennsylvania is in The Delaware River at sea level.)

After a certain point, the altitude is just overkill.

The highest point in Lake County Fl is 312' and that is where this picture was taken, not Ohio. I'm just tired of people talking crap about Florida who have never even been here, or have only been to one place and think that they know everything about the state. I have been all over Ohio and it has never impressed me with its elevation. And yeah, the midwest is FLAT compared to the states that have real elevations. I'm not saying that Florida is hillier than Ohio, but it does have some hilly spots. If y'all are still confused, come down here and I'll show them to you. (The first time I drove through that area I would have sworn that I was in Tennessee.)

Found this interesting map while doing my research.

lead_large.png

It's funny that when you think of Colorado you think of mountains but there is lots of flat in the state as well.

California scored a lot flatter than I thought it would. Ohio did better than I thought it would.

So you posted a map showing Florida as the flattest state in the US. Was that supposed to support your argument?

So you posted a map showing Florida as the flattest state in the US. Was that supposed to support your argument?

I never said that Florida wasn't the flattest state. It does have hills though. That is all.

Quote from the Lake County Florida's web page:

"Home to over 1,000 pristine lakes and rivers, it's obvious how Lake County got its name. But beyond the bountiful lakes swimming with fish is a landscape found nowhere else in Florida. Rolling hills and stunning vistas comprise Lake County's unique terrain, leading up to the highest point in peninsular Florida, Sugarloaf Mountain."

I don't think anybody was trying to say there wasn't a single hill in Florida.

Western Ohio is pretty flat but the rest of the state has some decent topography. Rolling hills and such.

http://mapsof.net/ohio/ohio-relief-map

Florida has a little topography in the western panhandle but aside from that...it's flat

http://mapsof.net/florida/florida-relief-map

Florida is flat. Terribly, boringly flat. Makes for crappy disc golf.

Kinda seemed like it.

98 Florida courses in, the largest downhill shot ive played in florida is 50 feet. Was on "The Bear" an hour east of Tallahassee. I verified the grade distance using topoquest.

For what Florida lacks in elevation it gets back in water features. Trying to throw 300 foot water clears is very exhilarating to me. nothing like shouting "go go go go GO GO GOOOOO, Skip Big....... I knew i should have thrown a floater"

Found this interesting map while doing my research.

lead_large.png

Interesting. I guess no surprise that Florida and Louisiana are 1 & 2, but Illinois is 3! Oklahoma came in at 23, in the middle, and California right behind at 24...How is this calculated? I'm guessing the amount of low-lying area, otherwise, how could CA not be higher?

98 Florida courses in, the largest downhill shot ive played in florida is 50 feet. Was on "The Bear" an hour east of Tallahassee. I verified the grade distance using topoquest.

For what Florida lacks in elevation it gets back in water features. Trying to throw 300 foot water clears is very exhilarating to me. nothing like shouting "go go go go GO GO GOOOOO, Skip Big....... I knew i should have thrown a floater"

You don't bond very well with your discs, do you? :p

Interesting. I guess no surprise that Florida and Louisiana are 1 & 2, but Illinois is 3! Oklahoma came in at 23, in the middle, and California right behind at 24...How is this calculated? I'm guessing the amount of low-lying area, otherwise, how could CA not be higher?

The majority of Illinois is about as flat as can be. The only really hilly areas are along parts of the Mississippi and at the southern tip, near Carbondale.

While California has both the Sierras and the costal range, the central valley is huge and mostly flat.

The majority of Illinois is about as flat as can be. The only really hilly areas are along parts of the Mississippi and at the southern tip, near Carbondale.

While California has both the Sierras and the costal range, the central valley is huge and mostly flat.
But the highest mountain in the 48 is here, and there are a lot of mountains. I live at the north tip of the central valley, an have been up and down it some; it is huge, and flat once you get out of the foothills.
Thanks, I'll check it out.