• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$30 AGame backpack bag at Academy Possible Magellan replacement?

He loves his pink bag and thinks it is less likely to be stolen if bros think it is a girls bag lol.

LOL! I forgot about MVP. I saw a lady at a league with a pink... Necleus? I think? The competition sized bag from MVP. Anyway, looked like a quality built, nice looking piece of equipment.

Best pink bags are made by Fade.

I love the look of this bag. For all the faux hate that the Magellan got originally I like it better than most of the premium bags. I can't wait to try this guy out. Will buy multiple if it fits my bag comfortably.

I'm probably going to be picking one up too. In that price point, it's gotta be pretty crappy to not be worth it. Doubt that's the case.

Nope. Nutsac FTW

I mean isn't more sad that Innova is producing a marginally better bag and up charging for triple the profit and people are buying those?
You're right. I just feel bad for John. He came up with a very unique and original design. I hate to see him lose business from a weak copy.

You're right. I just feel bad for John. He came up with a very unique and original design. I hate to see him lose business from a weak copy.

I get it, but if its made in china they were always gonna steal the design if there was any profit in it.

First impressions are good. Nothing rigid on the back but the padding is quite thick so it doesn't slouch easily. Only leans forward if you load the horizontal slots up heavy and don't have the bottom filled out much. There is a plastic insert on the bottom covered by a layer of foam.

https://i.imgtc.com/kJnOT51.jpg

Currently loaded up with 24. I could double up on the horizontal pockets and shove maybe 2 putters in each of the large side pockets for a little over 30 total..more if I had a different putter:driver ratio.

Image edited for size by moderator

Attachments

• kJnOT51.jpg
    kJnOT51.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
First impressions are good. Nothing rigid on the back but the padding is quite thick so it doesn't slouch easily. Only leans forward if you load the horizontal slots up heavy and don't have the bottom filled out much. There is a plastic insert on the bottom covered by a layer of foam.

https://i.imgtc.com/kJnOT51.jpg

Currently loaded up with 24. I could double up on the horizontal pockets and shove maybe 2 putters in each of the large side pockets for a little over 30 total..more if I had a different putter:driver ratio.

Thanks for the post. How many putters can you put in the main compartment?

Last edited by a moderator:

It does suck.......But maybe it's not all bad. Maybe since the price point is so different it won't really affect Rebel sales much. And maybe when these cheap bags inevitably wear out the people who like the design will be willing to spend the money on a quality bag that will last them years.

Or then again maybe not and they will continue to buy knock offs and not support an actual good disc golf business :wall:

Or then again maybe not and they will continue to buy knock offs and not support an actual good disc golf business :wall:

Yup. If I want to donate my money I make sure to get a tax break. If there is a discernable difference between knockoff and real McCoy then I will pony up.

Yup. If I want to donate my money I make sure to get a tax break. If there is a discernable difference between knockoff and real McCoy then I will pony up.

Well if anyone in Charlotte has one of the Upper Park Bags the AGame is apparently based on, maybe we could meet-up and film a short comparison video? Just an idea. If anyone out there reading this is up for that send me a PM.

Good find and review, Mike. I personally think it's nice to see a more reasonably priced backpack. Looks sort of like Prodigy's BP3 bag with a few more features (extra water bottle holder, straps, plastic on bottom - sorry if this was already mentioned. I didn't read the other pages). Would I pay more for a better quality bag? Sure, if I felt it was worth it - but not at $150-200. I understand not everyone feels this way. That said, with the way disc golf is growing, I could see the demand for more affordable bags like these increasing... for recreational or newer players like myself. Cheers

Exactly. I'm not willing to spend 150-200 on a BAG to carry some plastic discs. If I don't get one of these cheaper $30 bags, I'd likely just use a regular backpack anyway. I don't care if I don't look "pro" on the course.

I don't even have an expensive bag for my $700 ball golf clubs. My $40 non-name brand bag has held up just fine for going on 7 years.

Not hating on the companies that DO produce and sell expensive bags. They're cool for sure. But for the average joe who doesn't play every day and doesn't care about looking "pro", it's just not worth it.

Exactly. I'm not willing to spend 150-200 on a BAG to carry some plastic discs. If I don't get one of these cheaper $30 bags, I'd likely just use a regular backpack anyway. I don't care if I don't look "pro" on the course.

I don't even have an expensive bag for my $700 ball golf clubs. My $40 non-name brand bag has held up just fine for going on 7 years.

Not hating on the companies that DO produce and sell expensive bags. They're cool for sure. But for the average joe who doesn't play every day and doesn't care about looking "pro", it's just not worth it.
It's not about 'looking pro' It's about supporting the average joe trying to have a small business designing and making the bags. If you assume people get backpack bags to try and look pro you must be 15 years old. A grown man doesn't care if he looks pro or looks like a noob.

Latest posts