• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

30 courses, 10 states, 10 days

It's Wednesday evening and I've managed to play 13 courses, so this is roughly the halfway mark. My body is aching in ways that I wouldn't have dreamed possible. And the roughest part of my trip is yet to come... I have back to back 560 mile days starting tomorrow. One pleasant surprise has been the weather... after about roasting in Kansas all weekend I've had nothing but 60s and low 70s in the last couple of days and it looks like that trend is going to keep up.

Regarding tomorrow, I think I've decided to eliminate Casper DGC from my schedule. The current plan is to leave at 5:30am tomorrow and arrive in Rapid City, SD at 8pm. If I cut out Casper I can pull into Rapid City a couple of hours earlier. Playing four courses today really took it out of me, maybe only playing two tomorrow will recharge my batteries.

Regarding reviews and pictures, I'm slowly working on them. I've taken copious notes for almost all the courses I've played and plan on reviewing most of them. I've also taken pictures for most of the courses that didn't have any and will post them next week when I get home.

I'd like to say thank you to the folks that have guided me through courses so far. Chris at Carey Park, Miles Jamie and Jebidiah the dog at Johnny Roberts, two guys from Wisconsin whose names I can't remember at Edora, and DGCR's DGTourist at Dry Creek Parkway. You all made my experiences at those courses more memorable.

15 courses to go!

Dude you are an animal, when I first saw your schedule I tohught, 'there's no way gets through all that.' Rapid City's Jackson Park is nice, I think you'll like it. It was cool to have a fourmite encounter, you'll have to tour me when I get to Michigan.