• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3000+ Holes in 2014

schroof21

Bogey Member
Hey all, I'm curious if everyone got out on the course as much as they wanted to last year, and what their goals are for this year. I played exactly 3000 holes last year, so I'm happy with how much I played, but the vast majority of the rounds were at my local courses (minus a road trip through Canada and around Lake Erie and Las Vegas). This year I hope to play about the same, but improve the scores, hit up 30 courses I haven't played before, and start playing tournaments. Now if only it were 60 or 70 degrees out and I could actually start improving my game.

I'd like to play around the same amount of rounds this year, but I definitely want to do more field work. Higher skill level is what I'm after this year.

I usually do field work at school, when I'm on break from classes or work. Public transportation gets me around to a few courses, but if I want to hit different courses, I wait for my friend and plan a road trip for 2-3 days. Then we can hit courses not in the Sacramento area.

I was kind of surprised by OP's 3000 holes last year. Then I looked and my stats and I recorded 2921 holes in 2014 despite having spent quite a bit of my playing time on field work. I'd like to have way more than than this year -- both rounds and fieldwork.

5053 holes for me which is by far my lowest total since I started 6 years ago. I have averaged over 18 holes per day from 2009-2013 but this year saw a dramatic reduction in my casual rounds as I put a concerted effort into my disc golf business. I ran three leagues per week all Spring, Summer, and Fall and had a friend run another one for me in Summer and Fall which I also attended half the weeks to make sure everything went smoothly.

I hope with a good support staff in 2015 I can get back to the 18 hole per day average for my career . . . probably needing to make up about 1000-1500 holes to do so!

That sounded crazy as well...then I checked my stats. I hit 4000 EXACTLY with the round I had just entered (played 1/1). So that leaves me at 3973 played. Not bad for my 1st season.

Now with playing through the winter (instead of starting in April), I want to see if i can top 5000 next year.

I have no numbers, but I guarantee that 2014 was my fewest played year since I started. 2014 I was out with injury for over 5 months. I took no major road trips - funny that I don't include in "major" a trip to Arizona for the Memorial, or to Bowling green, or Worlds. Road trips for the sake of competition result in not much more than average holes played per day. Especially when compared to previous years of weeks or months long road trips dedicated to playing disc golf all day every day. I still played near every day at least 9 holes when I wasn't injured in my back yard, I don't think I got anywhere near 3000.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know I played over 6,000 holes at 20 different courses last year. I'm happy with that.

One of our local guys keeps a pretty detailed log of all his rounds. This past year he played a total of 5649 holes, which came out to an average of nearly 15 1/2 holes per day for the year.

What makes this particularly impressive is that the guy is 65 years old. :clap:

I racked up 100 distinct courses played ever, with this years new course count being 35 or so. Gotta be proud, that puts me in #5 spot on the Finnish disc golf site where you can track this. Granted, not everyone is on there. Only a little over 300 unplayed courses remaining in Finland :D

Most distinct holes in 14 hours (6AM - 8PM) personal record set in August this year: 96! Kinda bummed we did not keep live count because surely we would have hit another 4 somewhere to round it to even 100.

EDIT: disclaimer, snowless, mild temperature i.e. active season for me is something like late April - mid October

Last edited:
450 holes in 2014. I bet a lot of you guys play that many in one month.

This year, I plan to double that.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

Probably not.

:|

Played quite a bit in 2014, but no where near the 100 holes per day average for a year in 2011. That was my 32nd and last year in the Army - I ran disc golf to keep in shape.

450 holes in 2014. I bet a lot of you guys play that many in one month.

This year, I plan to double that.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

Probably not.

:|
Is that only 25 rounds of golf? Too much time posting on these forums talking about disc golf. Get out there buddy and put that knowledge to use! ;)

As for me I don't keep track and typically keep score in my head. I wish I kept track a little more on scorecards from courses I've played for the first time and stuff like that, but I just go to have fun and tournaments I play are recorded anyway.

Pretty crazy stats though, kinda cool to see.

Yea, I was either injured, or busy the last 4 months of the year. So that really affected my play. I will say that I did more field work in 2014 than ever before, and I think it's helped my approach game.

I think that all of us would be better players if we did more field/practice/putting work, than playing rounds.

I played 3115 in 2014 and that is actually down from 2013. I did do more field work in 2014, though.

Yeah, I probably only made it about 300 holes. My injury really kicked in during late summer when I typically play the most.

I'm hoping to play my first round in 5 months tomorrow though, so that could be a good sign for cracking a thousand in 2015. That would be delightful!

I recorded about 1100 holes on my scorecard, but that doesn't include the rounds I didn't keep score on. If I had to guess, I would say 1600-1800 at most.

I played 4,288 holes in 2014. It is an incredibly misleading stat since I played 1,600+ of those in one day.

I started playing DG in late June, I've got 85 rounds in uDisc and at least another 30 rounds that were played before I recorded stuff in uDisc. So around 2100 holes in 2014.

I'm hoping to play 356 rounds of DG in 2015, averaging a round a day. It works out to 6570 holes!

(Don't tell my girlfriend...)