• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 4 disc you use for strong wind conditions:head, tail, L2R, R2L

chowee21

Par Member
Name 4 disc you would use in strong wind conditions for head winds tail winds cross left to right and cross right to left.

Assume the pin is straight ahead and about 350'

Also someone show some MVP love in their list!!!

headwind= Prodigy D4

tailwind=Blizzard Katana or D4 depending on strength of wind

r2l= Champ Sidewinder

l2r= Champ Wraith

All of these are RHBH.

RHBH I'd use a firebird in the headwind and the left to right, and a roc in the other two.

RHBH

Saint Pro for every shot at 350'. Got 4 of them in the bag that range from beat US to fresh OS.

They will hold up to anything up to ~15mph. If we kick the wind up a notch, I'll be throwing the felon into the headwind

Rhbh 350 flat

Head - pd2 top destroyer
Tail -11x cheetah
L2R - 11x FX
R2L - c pd

Headwinds= Champ Xcal, Star Destroyer, Champ Firebird, Champ Gator..Just depends on strength and distance.

Taliwinds= Beat Champ Eagle, Beat Star Destroyer, Or Champ Mamba, Beat Roc. Again wind speed and distance I need to travel play a factor in my decision.

L2R= Beat Star Destroyer, Beat Champ Eagle, or Beat Roc.

R2L= Pretty much a repeat of L2R. Just something I can controll for hyzers, straight, and anhyzers. And something I know will ride the wind.

I will play this from a rhfh standpoint, using my sig's bag config, tee shot.
Headwind- Z Force, talk about a no-brainer.
Tailwind- I do not typically forehand into tailwinds, but I would reach for my VIP World if I did. My Gold Bolt is my go-to for backhand tailwind, but it is a roller if I try to forehand it.
L-R- Champion Wraith thrown with slight anhyzer
R-L- Opto Scythe thrown with slight hyzer

Name 4 disc you would use in strong wind conditions for head winds tail winds cross left to right and cross right to left.

Assume the pin is straight ahead and about 350'

Also someone show some MVP love in their list!!!

I'd throw 4 mvp discs in this order-
All winds- straight into a lake and then pull out real discs :D :popcorn:
RHBH Headwind- xcal
Tailwind- panther
Left to right- beat teebird
Right to left- eagle
RHFH headwind- xcal
Tailwind- destroyer
Left to right- destroyer
Right to left- firebird on an anny

I'm new to the forums and DG in general, so I guess I haven't experienced the irritations of MVP fanboys.

Most are just funnin', don't take it personally.

Headwind: Champ Orc; Legend Rival <15mph
Tailwind: Legend Patriot
Left to Right: 400g F5
Right to Left: Legend Patriot

Head wind, I'd go Shock. The rest Inertia, but for the tailwind, I would throw a 150 class Inertia.