• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] 5-6 disc bag - how would you cover the bases.

ODRB

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Looking for suggestions on a five or six disc setup for fast rounds, using molds in my signature in a little Ching clamshell. I'm curious how other folks would cover the bases. The more specific about shots covered the better. And I've got plenty of each mold in multiple plastics, so be that specific if you're having fun. I like these threads. And I could use suggestions to try to think outside my usual.

Wizard, Polecat, beat Roc, Q-Sent, Patriot, OLF.

Done.

Although now that I think of it, that's pretty much my bag. In some different brands.

Wizard, Polecat, beat Roc, Q-Sent, Patriot, OLF.

Done.

Although now that I think of it, that's pretty much my bag. In some different brands.

Ha. First response is exactly how I usually do it.
By the way, I reall only throw RHBH.
Keep 'em coming.

Last edited:
One putting putter (mvp atom)
One driving putter neutral flight (axiom envy)
One Overstable mid (mvp tensor/drone/BUZZZ os)
One neutral mid (alias/theory/beat buzzz)
One super straight fairway (volt/beat eagle)
One beefy driver (overhand, forehand, headwind) (MVP motion/z force/xcal)

FB, PD, Patriot, Roc, Wizard, Polecat. Maybe add/subtract a mid/driver based on course.

seasoned PPD - distance, hyzerflips, long turnovers
stable CPD - distance, line shaping, OS utility shots, hyzers, wind driver, get out of jail flicks
Fresh Champ Roc - OS midrange
Seasoned DX/Pro Roc - because just because
Fresh Stiff Wizard - driving putter, upshots, everything under 250ft
Seasoned wizard - putting putter

two of each for consistencies sake and also easy fieldwork before/after round. two putters to practice putting.

I am sure you could too! Bring it back to the no-bag days of carrying your 2 discs lol.

Polecats just kill lines. Would be a little harder though without any FH game. You use a patriot now for US stuff?

^yeah. Icon usually, but neutral pinnacle I can force into a turn but will still semi-hold a hyzer in the small bag.

Putting Putter (Medium Pure)
Neutral Driving Putter (Opto Pure)
Neutral Midrange (ESP Comet)
Neutral Fairway Driver (Icon Patriot)
Neutral Control Driver (Champ Valk)
Utility (Star Firebird)

^ 2 out of 6 fit the question I asked.

And you assume people actually read the original post before they post?
Silly fellow!

Any way, not knowing what plastics you use or the types of courses you play, my vote would be.

C-line PD
Star Teebird
KC Roc
Scale
Polecat
Wizard of choice

Never used the OLS, OLF, Sentinel or Patriot, so can't comment on them.

OS PD
Neutral to US PD
Eagle
Straightish Roc
Wiz
Kitty

Though I do like Aim's PD/Polecat idea, but I'd prefer to not putt with the Polecat exclusively.

putter
stable putt/mid - Suspect, Zone, etc
neutral to stable mid - Buzzz, Roc, Truth, etc
neutral FWD - Escape, Switch, River
stable FWD - Teebird, Volt, Thunderbird, etc
overstable utility - Felon, Firebird, Saint Pro, Predator, etc

I prefer a 10 disc bag though. Currently use a GB Spider Monkey with 2 putter, 3 mids, 4 driver, 1 OS utility. This gives me range from understable to overstable for mids and drivers. I rarely use the US stuff, but it is nice to have. Adds about 1.5-2lb to the carry weight, but gives more options.

Latest posts