• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

807(B) and "supported," whatever that means.

Does the putt in the photo count as a hole out?

• Yes, it's good!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Nope, mark it under the basket and then drop it in.

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right, I get that. That is the part that isn't helpful.

You haven't indicated that the source of the rule is authoritative nor made any argument why it is applicable to the question in the original post.

It also seems to show that the disc in the position most similar to the disc pictured in the OP isn't touching the chains when the disc in the OP was touching and deflecting the chains. It was that touching and deflection that was the heart of the question at issue.

The pic you posted is just someone's unsupported interpretation of the rule. That's why it isn't helpful.

I believe the rule is: supported by chains or the basket tray... or something like that. Both the red discs on the top are supported by the outer and inner chain supports, not the chains.

I doubt if my league will allow the one that crammed in through the side of the basket that still strikes us as wrong unless it's a blind shot

I support this pictoral interpretation. :)

Last edited:
B. In order to complete a hole with a basket target, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the tray or the chains below the chain support."

the disc...must come to rest...below the chain support. The disc = the entire disc as defined by the word "disc." The "disc" does not refer to, by any generally accepted and reasonable interpretation of the word, "some but not all of a disc." Therefor, the disc did not come to rest below the support as the "disc" in its entirety is not below the support.

If the disc had exploded into two on its way to the basket and half was in the basket and half not, does that mean the disc is in the basket? No, it cannot mean this because the disc is no longer a disc. It could be argued on every chain out that some very small amount of the the disc is deposited onto the chains. Would that mean the disc is in the basket...no. All of the disc is in the basket or supported by the chains below the chain support or it is not.

B. In order to complete a hole with a basket target, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the tray or the chains below the chain support."

the disc...must come to rest...below the chain support. The disc = the entire disc as defined by the word "disc." The "disc" does not refer to, by any generally accepted and reasonable interpretation of the word, "some but not all of a disc." Therefor, the disc did not come to rest below the support as the "disc" in its entirety is not below the support.

If the disc had exploded into two on its way to the basket and half was in the basket and half not, does that mean the disc is in the basket? No, it cannot mean this because the disc is no longer a disc. It could be argued on every chain out that some very small amount of the the disc is deposited onto the chains. Would that mean the disc is in the basket...no. All of the disc is in the basket or supported by the chains below the chain support or it is not.

What about 805.01 D?
"If a thrown disc breaks into pieces, its position is that of the largest piece."

So if the largest piece is in the basket or supported by the chains, the hole counts as completed.

What about 805.01 D?
"If a thrown disc breaks into pieces, its position is that of the largest piece."

So if the largest piece is in the basket or supported by the chains, the hole counts as completed.

Does this refute, support or just complicate what I said lol?

I think it brings into question if the disc breaks in almost half, and the smaller piece is stuck in the supports but the larger piece is in the tray it still counts. :D

Latest posts