• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

900+ registered for GBO

Now your stuck on the wait list for the most part. I have only seen one big name on the pro wait list so far but a lot of pros who will be missing out.

They'll miss out on playing those flat, boring courses.
They'll miss out on staying in a podunk town.

Make up whatever excuse you want, but you know Dynamic is going to run a great event. Not being there will be missing out.

Sure it will be a good event. But not all pros are drawn to the circus atmosphere.
Last year the course official for MA1 wasn't up to speed on the rules though. He told players they couldn't use a range finder. Kinda weak.

Sure it will be a good event. But not all pros are drawn to the circus atmosphere.
Last year the course official for MA1 wasn't up to speed on the rules though. He told players they couldn't use a range finder. Kinda weak.

Is it legal to use one? I would love to use one on courses I have to play blind? Can you point me where in the rule book it is legal? However...I'm guessing you were being sarcastic and it's not legal. lol...

NO...It is not legal to use a range finder.

Yes, they are legal. The 2013 rules indirectly made them legal by not stating they were illegal as before versus simply stating they were legal.
Chuck Kennedy, November 11, 2014 at 2:40 pm in response to a direct question by me on Facebook.

Chuck? Wanna chime in on this?

Yes, all types of electronic equipment are now legal for use during play whether using rangefinder or using GPS apps in smartphones as long as it doesn't delay making your throws.

I believe because this is an NT they will have to hold 10 spots for touring pros plus a few more spots. I wonder how that's going to work considering that it appears MPO is filled...